Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Axes take some serious skill indeed. Any numpty can swing a sword but with an axe you need to be faster and be able to anticipate your opponent more (due to the reduced surface for attacking and parrying with).

Actually, I found using an axe easier than a sword when I dabbled. Axes are shorter and usually lighter, so more swing-able. Swords are too long and ungainly and it's tricky to change direction at speed.

Also, I have long arms (due to being a Giant) so the range difference is negligable, and the bearded axes are flipping FANTASTIC at breaking someone's defence - hook it over the edge of their shield/sword/axe and with a deft 'flick' suddenly it's not where they thought it was.

Follow up with a sift shield bash to their off hand and you've got a gaping wide hole in which to axe them in.

Hmm, maybe I should go back to the re-enactment group... I appear to miss it quite a lot... :F

So... not much sex, but art and books and warfare?

Are you Sun Tzu? :D

All I can say is this: Marriage, the end of a perfectly good sex life. :P

As for bladed instruments of war I find I am better with an axe than a sword and often something one handed and light over the heavier polearms and such. The axe I find better as it gives a longer shaft to work with (oh yeah) and they can be easier to carry.

Though it has been a while since I used anything and the Cold Steel training axes look alright if it wasn't for the stiff handles wrapping the small bit of rubber. Those bits might hurt.

'FireKnife'

Saw the MRAP my father's police department some how got at no cost earlier today, when my sister desired to visit his workplace.  First thought was "Oh would I like to take this to a field."

There is a local game this Saturday, and the family actively wants me to go.  Would have to fight off the inner doubts though, and not let my feet tear up more prior to going.

Hold on, how come all of a sudden every *beep* here can fight with swords and axes?

I missed that lesson. I've only done the one where I twat people with my limbs.

Do I have to repeat the year?

Hold on, how come all of a sudden every *beep* here can fight with swords and axes?

I missed that lesson. I've only done the one where I twat people with my limbs.

Do I have to repeat the year?

Reenactor friends tried to recruit me, that's how I know I'm *suitcase* with axes and swords.

Same Reenactor friends can't shoot worth a damn though, so got owned when they stepped onto my preferred field of play.

Same, friends with LARPers and reenactors. Always had an interest in melee weapons.

Knives and axes are my favourites.

Also, eventually asked this lady on a "date" (she doesn't like like stereotypical dates but curling up watching whatever is cool) and she said it'd be fun as I can see how weird she is. Hah. Shame she's going to France for three weeks in a couple of days.

So if I disappear off the face off the planet in a month or so she's probably murdered me. XD

I did some re-enacting.

I am OK with point swords (I fenced a school) but less good with edge swords.

OK with axes, not brilliant.

My favoured weapon in LARP or whatever is a hammer, blunt on one end, spike on the other, like the point equivalent to the axe.

Failing that a 5 foot long "blunt on both sides" hammer.

So you're going larping on your first date (nothing wrong with that, it's just a bit vague as to what the date will be)? If you like someone, I've always believed you should take them somewhere you like and feel comfortable in (be it a restaurant or pub, it doesn't matter), for if she generally likes you, she's there to see you not the place.

That was 'love in airsoft', next week we tackle the age old question 'Gas or Electric, for first timers'. See you then.

Edit: for clarity, the above is in response to Tw1tch's post.

All I can say is this: Marriage, the end of a perfectly good sex life. :P

'FireKnife'

Except that my wife is a legit sex crazed lunatic and ex fetish model...

For someone like me it's actually a bit overwhelming, and tiring after all these years as she just will not calm down.

Darkchild

Yeah I have had that before, girls that just don't realise that when a man is finished, he really is finished.

Stupid women and their potential for multiple orgasms without it stopping their stride :P.

As for Tw1tch, have fun. Some of my best moments have been with the crazy ones ('hey lets go on a date', fast forward a few hours and she is telling you, 'yeah I like to be dominated in bed', those days are always a riot).

'FireKnife'

What? We won't be LARPing as a date afaik...could be interesting though.

It'll be watching some films or tv shows (Firefly fan *fruitcage* yeah).

She has however expressed an interest in my Mk18 and TAG shells hah. Maybe a softer in the making.

It'll be watching some films or tv shows (Firefly fan *fruitcage* yeah).

She has however expressed an interest in my Mk18 and TAG shells hah. Maybe a softer in the making.

Firefly fan who likes explosives?

KEEPER!

Does she know it's a date, as in, it's not just two friends hanging out? Always found it easier (it you can that is) to make the move whilst out and about. If it goes wrong you can always go your seperate ways, without that awkward moment of "errr, maybe I should go".

Really enjoying the Punisher comics recommended by Hitman. Looks like I'll have to buy more (and airsoft can take a back seat for a month).

Well I called it a date. We'll see where it goes from there.

Hoping the playfulness is a signal. ;)

Two more days of work then a well deserved week off. Huzzah. Old buddy is bringing me home.

Yeah man go for it although I will say (nicely) to expect the worst. If it makes you feel better (although I appreciate it might not) she probably already knows. As Stunt says even it is catastrophic you probably won't think about it a few months down the line. 

She deffo knows. I told her last night and she was still playful and teasing. So I've not lost a solid friend which is a good start.

Got a spare bit of cash begging to be used. Was thinking a tightbore for the Mk18 along with a couple of other bits. But I might be an adult and save it (especially if this new house thing is to come off).

She deffo knows. I told her last night and she was still playful and teasing. So I've not lost a solid friend which is a good start.

Got a spare bit of cash begging to be used. Was thinking a tightbore for the Mk18 along with a couple of other bits. But I might be an adult and save it (especially if this new house thing is to come off).

Keep it for buying interesting things for this girl if it works out. If it doesn't then buy airsoft stuff with it to make you feel better.

That is what I do sometimes, some of my pistol purchases are the results of my old self getting dumped (back when I kinda cared).

Either way sounds like it is more likely to go well than not, still make the most of it.

Find out (if you don't already know) what alcohol she likes, maybe get some in to help the evening to go more smoothly . . . .

I find this one can be an odd one. Most will see that as 'thanks, how kind', but you do get the odd few that think you are trying to date rape them. Actually that is a good way to work out if they are paranoid or have past issues you might need to work round / through.

Also this talk of women reminds me that I need to sort out something for this second date I have coming up and if she is the girl I want to at least try things with. Plus got to see if she feels the same.

'FireKnife'

Archived