Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst we're talking about regional dialects, have a butcher's at this: http://sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

By the way, the pedant in me must cast some light on the differentiation between an accent and a dialect:

An accent is a particular way of pronouncing or enunciating words coupled sometimes with particular cadences. Essentially, how you sound when you speak.

A dialect is the particular use of specific vocabulary or grammatical features which is often coupled with an accent. Essentially, what you say when you speak.

For example, as a result of spending four years in Scotland, my accent changed slightly, but my dialect didn't.

[ridiculous list of sandwiches]

Some of those look amazing (peanut butter, bacon and banana?!), bookmarked. Not the sort of thing I can eat every day though, they'd also be pretty sad after a few hours in my lunchbox.

Back somewhere "civilised" (actually its a crappy place but at least I have internet access). Used my week away to strip the 226 down to the little itty bits, managed to swap the trigger spring which looked like it had snapped, now the trigger returns nice and smooth. Unfortunately when trying to reinsert the hammer mechanism the bloody spring held in place by the metal plate pinged out and is lost to the void known as the carpet. I THINK I might be able to use a spring from a clicky pen in its place but unsure. I had planned on picking up another set of spare springs anyway so no biggie if I can't bodge it. Watched a load of Stargate SG1 on my time off (must be third run through now, love this show). Also finally picked up a copy of Lone Survivor in book form, something I've been meaning to read for ages.

Things seem to be going smoothly with this lady, well as smooth as they could with broken lines of communication hah. Here's hoping it works out.

My buddies were nice enough to pick me up and drop me back home, I'm lucky to have such quality mates.

Now its time to trawl a week's worth of classifieds here, Zeroin and the various groups on fb. I'm looking for a madbull stainless barrel but doubt I'll find one, but if something else nice pops up (VFC PEQ15, KAC QD M4 suppressor, ideally VFC again, or a nice M203) for the right price I might be tempted.

Not quite a tightbore barrel but more airsoft stuff is good, nabbed a WAS PLB, been looking into them for ages but when I had the cash to spare they were out of stock in CB. Almost bought a new one then found someone selling one in decent condition.

Means I can create a nice light loadout or most likely use it to supplement my load carriage (thinking secondary mags, maybe one M4 FAST mag, multitool and a water canteen. FAK is a possibility too). Sort of a crossover between first and second line kit (which I know doesn't quite equate in airsoft), given how often my primary fails to live up to expectations though being able to drop  the weight of my vest but still retain my pistol mags without stuffing them in pockets would be handy.

Seeing someone trying to flog their KWA MP7 as all metal when someone asks about its material.

But it is, all metal is good right?

Also finally watched all of the live action Batman films. Batman and Robin is still the worst and I enjoyed Returns (which I finally just watched).

Plus work tomorrow, means I get to go collect my mail and also see how well / badly I did on my week alone. I am thinking like 90-95% so again good.

'FireKnife'

Just got me an mp44, six extra mags and a couple of sets of SHS 12.1 gears.

The MP44 now has a 12.1 gearset with the stock mega torque neo motor, a complete SHS compression set up with a Swiss cheese piston, coupled with an m110 spring, deans and a MERF3.2 mosfet.

I swapped the stock hop up unit with a pro win one as the standard one is total wank. I'm also working on converting the hicaps to midcaps with some MAG mp7 Mids.

I'm going to program it so that I get instant trigger response but only 550rpm (or as close as I can get) in full auto.

Once I get a decent barrel for it I'll be r hopping it too.

I love me a project, I do.

Archived