Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worse, the Army.

Well zero responsibility sounds about right there :P.

Yes. She has other, non-culinary uses. 

Also, besides the baking she can't cook worth a damn. Cooking is my job.

I am sure she does ;) (you really keep setting these up).

Though I must admit I had a similar thing with a girl that was a much better baker and preparer than me but wasn't so hot on quick things like pan foods. Great at making roasts, cupcakes, cookies and the like though.

'FireKnife'

Invented a new game today.

Previous employer poker:

Everyone whips out their CV but doesn't look at each others, and places bets on who's previous employer is worth more on the Company Check website.

Haha, well that would be me screwed I think :P.

Also damn you Asda and providing me with a store within walking distance that has Click and Collect while you have offers on everything I want at the warehouse!!!

And it is summer so I can't use the too cold / windy / wet / snowy to go outside line. Suppose I will just have to buy your discounted stuff then and be happy :D.

'FireKnife'

Haha, well that would be me screwed I think :P.

Was a bit of a laugh, cause obviously you don't always know who worked where, and you don't always know how your previous employers are doing these days.

I won though. By about a billion quid. :D

I think if it was just the last employer I had and no-one else then it would be good enough, I mean the company that owned my old job also owned half of Italy and much of the paper making that isn't rag newsprint around the world.

However everyone else I have worked for is either out of business (Past Times / Somerfield), a small shop (when I was a waiter and a stock assistant) or is floundering and perhaps deserves it (GAME).

'FireKnife'

Cheers mate, if I'm posting on here about rejoining the army in about a year you can safely assume I failed!

Darkchild

I am sure you will do well, if not then take heart in the old adage of 'those that can't do, teach' and train others to shoot people and make your own 'Magpul-esque' training video which shows how to eject an M4 mag to #ahem# someone in the face? :P

'FireKnife'

You are aware that the AGC asked back a load of guys they made redundant because the recruiting isn't all that good the reserves right?

They got to keep the ~£35000 payout too. And retained rank.

No, I was not aware of a unit that has nothing to do with me and it's recruiting policies.

And it's not a £35k payout either, it is dependant on rank. Useful to know the forces are still recruiting though, in case my other ideas go tits up.

And I'd rather gouge out my own eyes than do anything that could be labeled as "magpul-esque" I was the dude cringing when everyone on here was busting out weird techniques, because the entire community had a hard on for a certain bearded, ex coast guard bloke without any combat experience.

Im glad that phase has been and gone *shudders*

Darkchild

Burgers. Buns. Veg. Now all I need is some black pepper sauce.

Found an interesting shop in Kirkby Lonsdale today. Reminded me of an old shop in Liverpool that had a load of de-acts, wwI, WWII and Vietnam equipment/clothing. Didn't buy anything as they didn't have much with regards to airsoft (don't need new clothes or bags), was mainly air rifles and knives. Felt good to have a mooch in a shop that wasn't a charity shop, or an arts and crafts shop.

6m would be taller than my house.

5m is probably good.

I've bought:

Rotor 3D+ BBRight cranks with 34 and 50 tooth rings

Rotor BSA30 external bottom bracket.

Charge Spoon saddle in black and green (to match my green frame)

2 part brake discs

Cinelli Neo Morphe 44cm handlebar (Fredding it up)

Bar tape and cable outer also in green

I put an order in for a hand-built wheel with a Shutter Precision PD-8X QR15 dynamo hub, a Velocity Aileron rim and Sapim CX-Ray spokes

I also pre-ordered Sram S-700 hydraulic road disc brakes/shifters from Amazon - a reliable retailer this time

Sploosh, when that lot is bolted on I will have spent more on the bike than my car.

Christ.

I get to look at cars now :D Possibly requiring one in the near future. 

I'm after something that will do for a commute, (and return a reasonably sensible MPG) but also 'fun' to drive - Possibly going on a road trip to the Nurburgring next year. Sadly I don't fit in MX5's as they're built for tiny japanese people.

Over 30 on a cruise when driven sensible ;)

There's a few options tempting me - Nice old Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag, because why not. Also Corrado G60 becuase Speed and retro and Old VW (i quite like them).

old 3 series are mostly in the price range, too (under £2k)...

Archived