Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TM fairy dust, just how in the world do they cram so much of it into their products?

I have had a TM P90 RDS hidden away for almost two years now, and I just took it out to test it.  Barely a notch moved on the hop-up, and it is sailing bb's the whole length of my back yard (about 147 feet).

One of these days I need to realize that dedication to my particular kit (which this gun does not fit into) is just not going to work locally, and just make up a "I just want to play with whatever gun" kit, something with one of the long magazine pouches that sling over the shoulder.

TM fairy dust, just how in the world do they cram so much of it into their products?

I have had a TM P90 RDS hidden away for almost two years now, and I just took it out to test it.  Barely a notch moved on the hop-up, and it is sailing bb's the whole length of my back yard (about 147 feet).

One of these days I need to realize that dedication to my particular kit (which this gun does not fit into) is just not going to work locally, and just make up a "I just want to play with whatever gun" kit, something with one of the long magazine pouches that sling over the shoulder.

Don't let Han hear you say that. He has a hatred for TM, not enough Sorbo, reshimming or r-hopping for him.

Went out to a lovely Thai restaurant last night with a friend and his wife who I haven't seen in about 6 years. This came about after bumping into them in a pub and finding out that they live round the corner from our new place.

And... he's interested in giving airsoft a go. 

Had an amazing date last night with a girl that turns out to be more like me than I thought (and ys, in that way).

Plus to top it all her idea was a walk around Loch Leven, in the sunshine, followed by a sit down and a chat. So chuck a bit of exercise and no expenses into it and that is a winner in my book :P.

Now to work out the third meeting (the supposed 'threshold for sex' one).....

'FireKnife'

She has a winky?

:P

Nope, already checked, thoroughly ;)

There are others things I could mention but again this isn't the forum for that :D.

Only downside, she is busy for the next two weeks but ah well, easily beats having nothing at all.

'FireKnife'

Nope, already checked, thoroughly ;)

There are others things I could mention but again this isn't the forum for that :D.

Only downside, she is busy for the next two weeks but ah well, easily beats having nothing at all.

'FireKnife'

Glad it's going well :)

Thanks,

What isn't going well is that I have hit 'bus syndrome' again.

After a month or two of not meeting anyone, two very viable candidates have come along. Now I don't want to pick now as I don't know exactly enough about them to do so but I don't want it to get serious with someone and then have to tell the other person 'no' too far down the line.

Ah well, happy I have choices but not so happy that it isn't a clear cut 'who is better for me'.....

'FireKnife'

Just so long as they both know, it's all good right? That means they're free to meet up with other potentional people as well.

Watched 'Gaurdians of the Galaxy' and I did enjoy it but wasn't blown away by it. Nice bit of popcorn action but I'm not in any rush to see it again. That made me smile today and I should really put that in the movie thread.

Finally bought myself another bit of kit I've been looking at for ages today. A maxpedition dump pouch. If I can't soft I'll keep buying the odds and sods I want until I can again.

Things seem to be going well with the lady and she's back soon so we can be stupid at work together again.

Getting some good places coming up, need to sort viewings.

I am going away with work for a couple of weeks.

I am going to be there with my usual phys partner who has recently forsaken me due to his larval human leaving the parasitic phase.

I will be doing a lot of exercise, the place I am going has some excellent gym facilities.

What has made me happy today is that I have done a complete service on my bike.  I have:

Re-greased the headset, bottom bracket, pedal bearings and wheel bearings.

Fitted new inner and outer cables.

Re-taped my bars.

Fitted new saddle.

Re-fitted the mudguards (terrible weather forecast next week).

Fitted a rear pannier rack.

Switched front dérailleur from bottom pull to top pull using a Speen Umlecker (getting the cable away from being routed under the bottom bracket which is stupid).

Happy doing maintenance.

Uploading bike pictures because - why not?

20140810_133352_zps79c186b9.jpg

20140810_133415_zps8de5d493.jpg

20140810_133507_zps23bf8fdb.jpg

I have a new wheelsmith built front wheel with a dynamo hub coming and Sram S-700 shifters and calipers on preorder.

When they arrive there will be 4 of the original components left.

Headset, seatpost, front QR and rear QR.

I have also decided on the frame modifications I would like to have done to the bike.

That's a job for later though.

The *suitcase*, nackered cooker the previous owners left has come in useful because it's got me £200 off the price of a new one from Currys, and they take the old one away.

I'm actually giving it a bit of a clean because I was nearly sick just moving it out and disconnecting it, nevermind the poor sods who have to take it away.

Been shooting today too, at Altcar. Got my detail in before the bad weather started!

Tink waits… That’s what he does… And I’ll tell you what; tick followed tock followed tick followed tock followed tick...

Waiting's done! PICTOORS!

Bx8aVYR.jpg

mean grille is mean. Also 'subtle' red badge, denoting the SUPER CHARGER YEAAAAH.

Ilg6vjN.jpg

Still looks good today. Crisp lines are back in, haven't you heard?

L0gGUV6.jpg

Do she got a booty? No, actually. but that little spoiler thing raises itself at 45mph, just like a Veyron! ;)

Zd2MrYR.jpg

Sexy two door sex.

dJRYmlL.jpg

Period BBS wheels. Love it.

AaGTYIr.jpg

dat 80's dash do...

FLCqyls.jpg

Find me all the tapes!

Seriously. Someone with a tape deck make me a mix tape of like, brilliant tunes from the late 80's/90's. I will rock that *suitcase* all day long.

Archived