Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Quite possible but again it does really depend.

A new tech that is faster than discs and cheaper may still appear? It is possible at the end of the day.

Also while I am here, it is diffficult to do one to one training when it is administered by a rather attractive 20 something French accented Belgian girl.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moore's law. That is all.

How is a computer law about transistors and circuits related to that? :P

FK, don't you go starting an international incident. :D

Pfft, where is the fun in that? However after chatting with her she seems like the French / Belgian equivalent of a girl I am 'seeing' back in Scotland. Kinda weird, they even have the same build, wear glasses, have a cat, speak openly and live out in the countryside.

Ah well, no opportunity for any fun times so will have to wait until I am back in Scotland on Friday ;).

'FireKnife'

Is laser disc the same as VCD? Plenty of modern titles in that format all over Middle East.

As for having decent enough internet to forget about discs and stuff, might be OK in the UK and other places but lots and lots of the world simply don't have the infrastructure for it.

The laser disc was a 12' disc format that was developed by Phillips it was cutting edge at the time , but the players were massive compared to a cassette player . The belt driven mechanism was prone to stretching snd . Failure . And the discs were single layer . Storage of the discs was a problem as they were prone to warping .

Also the discs were very expensive to buy back then and you could not record on them . Only emi and a very limited amount of film company's adopted the format . So film choice was very limited .

That is why the cassette won the marketplace back then .

And the price of one laserdisc movie, was around the cost of two and a half VHS movies. They did page the way for extra features (which we now take for granted) to be included with hit movies (Aliens was the first one I saw on laserdisc). They're quite the collectors item now, more so than the Philips CDi.

Just been in Leuven, had a bloody awesome steak, salad and fries, nice beer served in an different but interesting way and all on the company.

That and it is the home of Stella Artois, is an excellent little place and tommorow I am back for more work training, one on one with a nice girl.

Who said work trips have to be boring right? :D

Now to just remember how to claim my expenses when I get back to the Dunfermline office.

'FireKnife'

Turns out even the work is easier for the Belgian office.

Damn it, I do want to go back to Scotland as it is awesome (well the Central Belt certainly is) but work seems easier here.

And the buggers have a pool table, sandwich service, drinks machine, fresh fruit delivered, new office and more diverse team :P.

'FireKnife'

Managed to convince the woman to stick Good Will Hunting on, even though she didn't want to watch anything too heavy.

Bought the Directors Cut of Amadeus on DVD for £2 delivered.

Finished making my flag last night. Just got to lint roller all the thread trimmings off it and give it a wash in softener so it flaps properly.

(Also, spending 4 hours on a sewing machine doesn't half tighten the traps.)

Bought the Directors Cut of Amadeus on DVD for £2 delivered.

Not to spoil it but it is *suitcase*.

I have a 500+ word review that also outlines this. F.Murray Abraham is good though.

And as this is the happy thread, turns out wherever I go in this company the customer support work is easy to do, happy days :P.

'FireKnife'

Would you say the regular release is better then?

No I meant the entire film is. Poor choice of actors, disjointed story and extended set pieces that do little for the film.

Though that is based on the Directors Cut, haven't brought myself to watch the shorter cut after that. :P

'FireKnife'

Yeah man do it - few months ago I went for the first time to see Johnny Greenwood and the BBC philharmonic play the there will be blood soundtrack, the sound itself is great, its hard to describe but there was a bit where the violins did a kinda Mexican wave (if that makes sense) which was awesome. 

I've seen the regular cut, thought it was pretty good for what it was. 

I do like Mozart though. Maybe I should stop dicking about and take myself to go see some being properly performed.

Given that it is about the only Hollywood style film about Mozart it is rather popular.

However if it is more the music you are in to I would say it is better to simply go and see it live as you have put.

'FireKnife'

Back in the UK, one more day of work and then the weekend, two more days of work and then holidays!!!!

Also expenses sheet was surprisingly easy to do and very up to date. Only missing one bit of info and that can be sorted in a day or two.

And finally two women are still interested in me so that is a plus. Now comes the issue of picking which one......

'FireKnife'

Archived