Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember he left of his own choice as he didn't want to be typecast in future roles.

However I must admit I didn't see his appeal but then I don't see much of the appeal of the new ones anyway. The days of Pertwee and Baker (Tom of course) where the best with effort put into everything and no 'saved by the CGI'.

Still Capaldi seems to be doing well and holding up otherwise mediocre stories. Though I did laugh that the whole T-rex in Victorian London was already done by this film (oddly enough staring a popular Torchwood actor): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_Holmes_%282010_film%29

Yep, much of what happened in that low budget fail also ended up in that episode :P.

'FireKnife'

That mWhat HAS Eccleston done after he dropped the Doctor gig after one season? Might also be why he's so popular, he didn't have time to pile up the amount of baggage episodes as the ones who did more seasons. Less episodes for the fans to start getting bored of him.

Speaking of bored, few of my friends have commented on how they are getting bored with Moffat seeming to have contracted ferretisis a few seasons back, and never quite getting to finish his stories before he leaps into a new one.

Moffat is *suitcase*.

That is about it really. The likes of Davies managed to carry a story from start to finish and still 'PG' scare children while entertaining them also.

I would say bring back the serials rather than this American 'one episode with a possible, general underlying link' style of programming. :D

Though as for Eccelstone he seems to have appeared in just as many well known films before being the Doctor as after. He is also one of those that appears in film, TV and stage a lot so being the Doctor was a boost but nothing as huge as it was for say Tennant who had a few things under his belt before but was much more noticeable after (even the story about him appearing in the 2003 Scream of Shalka :P)

Anyway, what makes me happy today well the SSB demo is out Friday for some previewing and work is going well so all is good. Plus to tie it in with Doctor Who the next episode looks like it could be kinda cool.

'FireKnife'

opinions:

Ecclestone was good. Tennant and Smith I did not like, way too ADHD. Capaldi is pretty good (although I have only seen the last two episodes).

The first I saw (with the robots) was pretty good, nice and camp and all that. The second, with the little boy, was a crock of *suitcase*. Unbearable so I switched over. Contrived in the extreme-o.

So far of the four out there the Dalek episode is still my personal favourite. The idea of the 'good' Dalek and how that is concived and what it ends up meaning is very well played out.

Though after Matt Smith anything is a breath of fresh air. At least Tennant had those suitably maniacal bits where you just couldn't help but want to quote them.

'FireKnife'

What are they supposed to do? Just leave it? Pot shots from a distance?

You could plan to run up and take a *suitcase* on it.

Yes, that was seriously an idea put forward but someone I worked with back in 2007 odd. Instead, like the rest of us, we just stood far away and they controlled the explosion with water (plus it was found a fair bit out on a beach so it wasn't exactly really easy to get at as the tide was in).

'FireKnife'

When I put ringside seat I was about 500m away slightly up hill with a clear line of sight with a perfect view.

Anyway 3 very loud bangs and lots of dirt thrown very high in the air later all involved buggered off leaving a bloody great hole in the field

DSC_0024_zpsqxwemrip.jpg

I saw a dog voting 'No' today. That made me laugh so much, even a dog can work it out :P.

But however it has been a day of hilarious moments, topped off by a stupid moment from both sides:

A guy said that his 'Yes' vote was his way of 'wanting the British out'. Erm, well done.

As for 'No' well that had to be the middle age woman dressed in full Union Jack (and I mean full) accosting people in the street and politely asking them to vote 'No'.

I must admit, it may be a farce, it may be the most pathetic idea since the Coalition and it may have shown just how stupid a worryingly large amount of people can be but I am going to miss these hilarious moments of pure win / fail. It at least cheers me up enough to ignore the threats of violence being dished out by Yes voters when they are going up and down the street.

Oh and Super Smash Bros demo goes live on 9am tomorrow morning so I might get a double day of win!

'FireKnife'

Here's what i have noticed:

The No propaganda machine is putting forward business giants like Branson that support the No campaign.

The Yes propaganda machine is putting forward sportsmen and the like that evoke emotion and pride.

If that's what they're relying on to get the win, their case can't be that strong.

On top of that, they're letting 16 year olds with no experience of the world vote, buy not soldiers. That speaks volumes to me.

On top of that, they're letting 16 year olds with no experience of the world vote, buy not soldiers. That speaks volumes to me.

I'd trust plenty of 16/17s to make an informed political decision - and to be honest I've met a fair few squaddies who... well I wouldn't ;)

but seriously I'm pretty sure the armed forces thing is due to how they register to vote. If they are registered to vote in Scotland then they can however my guess/assumption is that many are registered to vote at an English address rather then a Scottish one. 

Well the voting power of Scotland is something like 4.2 million people.

If you have 4.2 million switches and you switched half to idiot Yes and half to right No that would be 4.2 million interactions.

So I would say the chances of a perfectly 50/50 vote if everyone does indeed vote, is 1 in 4.2m :D.

Oh and finally a use for Aberdeen. It may only be 4-5% of the voting population but it is likely to vote No given that if it doesn't oil companies might just shift offices (but not workers) to the likes of Liverpool, Newcastle, Manchester and London.

Though according to various sources, if all goes to plan the decision will be know by around 6-7am tomorrow morning. I personally am confident that this country has enough sanity to hold a No vote but if not well I had better get off the sinking ship before it goes under, just because all the Yes voters are picking selfish reasons to vote Yes I am sure no-one would begrudge me doing the same, being selfish, and getting away from it all.

Oh and just to leave this here, might be a foreshadowing (lets just call the virus 'stupidity'): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_%28film%29

As for armed forces well I used that arguement when someone told me that in an event like this spoiling a ballot is ok because they couldn't understand how them wasting a vote affected the thousands of Scots that are outside of Scotland but want there voice heard and to be able to vote (funny how many of them seemed to be of the No persuasion and no change was made to compensate for them........)

'FireKnife'

I hope they release geographical statistics so we can see the spread of dumb.

They sort of have by cities (though that is about 6 in Scotland).

Dundee is the heaviest Yes voter area and is considered by many to be a dump. Edinburgh, Much of Invernees, the borders and Aberdeen are a No.

Glasgow is the biggest split area given that it is the largest Scottish city and has a 50/50 or near enough split over the whole city.

So if these ideas are correct, based on what is assumed it looks like we will get a 35/65 or 40/60 both in favour of No. However in about 7-8hrs we shall know.

Also another point that makes me laugh. For all that 'pride' Yes people have in their fair cities they see no issue in littering them with pathetic little 'Yes' stickers. Say what they want about the 'No' campaign but we are not busy sticking Union Jacks in every window and thousands upon thousands of poxy little blue stickers all over monuments to great Scots. Yes there are a few No Thanks banners around but nowhere near as many. Bloody pathetic.

'FireKnife'

Archived