Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well according to every page on the first set of Google listings that is it, us 'No' types have won.

I am so happy, a glimmer of hope that just enough intelligent people live in this lovely looking country to make it not do something irrational and stupid.

Though it was only at 55/45 so maybe next time (hopefully in another 307 years) we might not be so lucky (or the political climate of the whole UK has changed, making a Yes vote even remotely valid). Plus there is still one count to go but it seems that no matter the outcome of that 'No' has won.

Either way I don't have to move and I (and many, many others) can be happy.

EDIT: Also according to this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/events/scotland-decides/results it looks like Dundee isn't as stupid as I thought. Though it does show how spread the lunacy of 'Yes' is. Not sure how to read that really.

'FireKnife'

Out of 32 areas, only 4 voted for 'Yes' (as in, the 'yes' vote, only 4 out of 32 areas had won. So 28 areas voted 'No', 4 areas voted 'Yes', out of 32 areas), I'd say that was pretty conclusive. Well done Scotland. Biggest turn out; 82% of people that could vote, has voted, and 55% of them said 'No'.

Well thankfully they didn't go for proportional representation (as it is stupid) but yes only 4 out of 32 areas voted 'Yes' (and if I recall they were ones expected to) but even then if you look at the bar charts they are quite close in some places.

Still a 10% gap is a big gap when it comes to that many people (something like 400,000 people, just over the population of Edinburgh and the surrouding area).

Oh well, I am off to Edinburgh to celebrate. Might even pay for one of those overpriced tourist places as now I feel an even more renewed sense to care about and respect this country, hell even Aberdeen is going up in my ratings as it was a safe enough 'No' seat.

'FireKnife'

Yes but worryingly that's one of the less bat *suitcase* crazy beliefs he thinks is true. Others include scientology, vacancies causing autism and that anti depressants are just for population control

What makes all his Scottish nationalism even funnier is that, while Scottish by birth, the family emigrated abroad when he was very young and he only moved back 4 years ago

Archived