Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is use of a slingshot for hunting legal?

Swear I read something about bow and arrow being illegal and I thought it'd fall under a similar category, unless a slingshot provides a better chance for outright killing of quarry due to the energy transfer?

Genuinely interested to learn some more.

Interesting. I'd have loved to take up hunting with bow/crossbow.

Hunting's how I learned of airsoft actually hah. Had a nice little .22 rifle for pests. Always bought the airgun magazines. Can't remember for the life of me what it was called but I really wanted a gas powered rifle with a 16 round mag, you had to flip it after 8 shots though. The stock was also the gas tank.

Then one day I accidentally bought an airsoft mag instead hah.

Sounds very much like the "Gunpower Stealth".

A mate of mine had one. Shot another mate in the calf with it actually. :P Cracking bit of kit.

I still have a .22 air rifle, never get to use it these days now that I don't live on a farm anymore.

I've never had squirrel but it's supposed to be good.

Also have a .22 air rifle but never get out with it. I also have a brilliant game dealer about 10 minutes walk away, so can still get my fix! Don't even own any firearms now either...

Wood pigeon is indeed lovely, I had a recipe for a great salad with it. Can't believe I just said 'great' and 'salad' in the same sentence, but it was good!

Interesting. I'd have loved to take up hunting with bow/crossbow.

Hunting's how I learned of airsoft actually hah. Had a nice little .22 rifle for pests. Always bought the airgun magazines. Can't remember for the life of me what it was called but I really wanted a gas powered rifle with a 16 round mag, you had to flip it after 8 shots though. The stock was also the gas tank.

Then one day I accidentally bought an airsoft mag instead hah.

I remember that air rifle.  There was a feature on it in Airgunner I believe it was .  Cool little gun.  The gas tank was flattened right?  Rotary mag that loaded and rotated on the top?

The Valmet was the one with the hip-firing magazine that never ran dry.

The M60 he used for a bit did keep adding bullets though and even managed to get over 100 shots one handed out of a bullet belt carried in the other hand :P.

Also the Desert Eagle with the mag plate falling off and the single claymore that brings down a whole building too, so much fun.

Classic action cinema.

EDIT: Damn it shmook :D.

'FireKnife'

Yeah.. we don't count brass.

In this case I barely had to deal with any of it, was a yank run range and all their 'corporals' and 'sergeants' got to clean up.  I picked up my share of cases obviously, but some other lucky person won the pleasure of cleaning the 240 after I put a few hundred on top of whatever they'd already fired.

It's not a real range day unless you are scrabbling around in meter-deep freezing water at the bottom of a flooded firing trench trying to find every last piece of brass.

Anyway, what's making me happy?

At my work we have to fill in a form, it is a spreadsheet.

Because the people who made the spreadsheet don't want anyone editing it they have protected it.

Because they are idiots it means we can't actually fill it in on the computer.

That means that the process (up until now) has been to print the spreadsheet off, fill it in by hand, scan it as a .pdf and shred the paper copy.

Retarded.

I had a few minutes this evening so I e-mailed myself the .xlsx file, saved it as an .ods, changed the file name of the .ods to .zip, opened the .zip file, found and opened the "contents.xml" file within, did a ctrl-h on "protected" to "none", saved the .xml, changed the .zip back to a .ods and all the protection is gone.

Now the process will be: open spreadsheet, edit spreadsheet, save spreadsheet.

BOOM! I saved some trees and *suitcase*.

I remember as far back as high school thinking that the whole IT Paperless Office thing was a misnomer, the first thing they made us do with all our ICT work was print it out!

I also like less computer savvy people printing out emails to show you.

I recall the fun I used to have in my last job where we worked in a factory that made posh, casting, and security paper.

We kept trying to go as paperless as possible but then realised that we would have to then find another use for the reams of posh printer paper we had lying around that were all slightly too thick or thin.

Clearly it lasted long as suddenly everyone started printing off their own leaflets and kids homework for school :P.

As for happy well it is Friday and I will be jaunting along to Land Warrior tomorrow to see what they have in store :).

'FireKnife'

That brass picture made me so happy.

The brass is done on weight now, not precise either - you can go so many percentage over and under what 9000 rounds becomes as brass.

We had a naugty boy yesterday as an admin monkey, so he sat infront of a shredder destroying all the out of date manuals/PAMs and the like. Some unopened - scaled for 5, the Green Brain sends us 35. We use 1. Four years later they get replaced, we get sent 30. We use.. 1. And they won't accept that we don't need that many. (They're all frakking digital anyway!)

I've just applied some glass sealant to the Ibiza before a journey down to Brighton for the weekend (Cousins' 18th birthday party, and Sister-in-law is in a play tonight.

The tank is full full (god bless petrol expansion vent space, can squeeze an extra gallon in the tank if you vent it!), tyres are checked, glass is CRYSTAL CLEAR, and the sealant is curing as we speak, changed the front brake discs and pads last saturday so they're nicely bedded in (and aren't rusty as all hell and scored).

Lets do this.

Just got myself a download code for the special edition 'demo' of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby.

Also I might end up with a second and possibly a third due to my pre-orders. In case I do I shall make them available free to others as I am not bloody selling them on eBay.

'FireKnife'

Archived