Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest CoD lost all magic for me when they made it all future *suitcase* and stuff.

I liked Black Ops and the Proxy wars bit of the second one. That bit to me was epic, running around classic settings with older guns. Now it is just boring and typical to me with no real imagination. It is like when Bond films got to the likes of Die Another Day, lost all the classic cool and became all bright lights and gadgets.

As for me being happy well it is soon bonfire night. An excuse to watch stuff go boom.

'FireKnife'

I have to say I was very apprehensive about the more modern, future stuff as I really didn't care for all the drone/robot *suitcase* in the previous ones but it just works in this.  I've only played multi player so far though so can't comment on single player.  Yeah, there a re a load of lame looking future guns, plus what looks like a modernized/tactical M1A1 and some type of laser thing it seem but it's actually OK.  I'm rocking a relatively unmolested AK variant so you can just about stick to classic stuff if you want.  It's a million times better than Ghosts, PC speaking anyway.

I'm one of those people who doesn't even touch multiplayer until I've played through the entire single player (usually on the hardest difficulty because I'm a MAN). I don't know how you jump blindly in to a game with no introduction, no setting of the scene and the background story of the maps... but then again I do suck at multiplayer since I don't have the time to dedicate to getting good at it :P I blame the ridiculous matchmaking algorithms

I don't really game now, a baby and a wife has ruined all my spare time...

But when I did, I was the other way. Multiplayer only, never played the single player side of games. Call a few mates, log on and go and take the out of each other for a few hours. It was bliss!

I always used to play through single player first before going into multi player but I just couldn't pass up double XP today.  I did have a quick few go on pleb mode to get used to the maps before risking my K/D ratio in the live maps though but the bots and noobs weren't much of challenge and it got boring so I went wading into live multi player.  Will take a crack at single player this week as I hear it's decent.  Bummed I have to pay extra for zombies though.  Still, I only paid £25 so not too bad. 

The best thing about new cod, is that all the knob heads will get it and the quality of game will go up on ghosts.

That is why I still only really play MW1 and BO1. Especially MW1, yeah the maps aren't amazing and martyrdom is a *badgeress* but hey, it's actually about the most fun of the series in MP, even with it's limits. Same goes for BO1 and I like the settings even if just about everything in them is an anachronism.

Plus I like games with a rich story and hell the 'take over the world' ploy of the latest Pokemon games is better than all the 'hoo-rah-ing' in CoD.

Still for £25 Hitman you could play it, get bored and flog it for about £30.

'FireKnife'

Ah that explains the £25. Wouldn't get a physically copy for that unless you were the manager of a shop or something and got it pre-markup price.

Still I am glad to see that the local fireworks display this year with have a 'superhero' theme. Not entirely sure what ones they are going to go for but the nice big open park area which they have means it could be fun to see. Though it has a long way to go to top the Bond one of 2012 in Scaberdeen,  about the only good thing from there.

'FireKnife'

Two things from me:

2. People, especially the people that I seem to meet and have a laugh with. One is a woman that writes and reads gay novels and thinks they love to be dominated but have never had sex. Seriously how the hell do I meet these people. I feel a bit like Dr. Who some times, examining odd humans and stuff :D.

That woman sounds like 99.99% of all the yaoi fangirls...

Major reason I think western anime fandom is going to end up demonized again, and soon.

Happy thread, though, so...  Looks liek I'll have a bit of contract work to do, so I won't be almost totally broke for a bit.

I remember this morning shortly before having to take off seeing that one of my favorite commentators was streaming the multiplayer of the latest COD.  As he has been quite unimpressed with the PC ports over the last few games, I kind of expected him to be in a sour mode.

He was not, he was actually enjoying the game.  Most of the chat was in disbelief, and after watching him for about an hour, folks were considering getting the game right away.  It just was that much of a change for folks watching who have played all the previous games.  It's like regardless of how pants the story/setting is, the multiplayer may just be good enough to overcome what the previous games haven't.  Perhaps it is the engine change, but even I seemed convinced that I might have fun.

Of course, I would need a pc setup first, which isn't ever likely.

So, last Friday split from the missus. This is a good thing - few posts back in the sadface thread I touched on her.. interesting view on everything.

Bounced back, tongue in a few throats Friday night, found a lovely young lady's number in my phone at an incredible airsoft game Sunday. Also downloaded Tinder.

Currently have a date with the lass from Friday, and three Tinder meet ups in a grand total of 2 hours effort. This could go well.

I'm brave.

Also pretty rapid over 100m, so any horrendacrocopigs won't be able to keep up.

Ah so you have yet to reach the '*fruitcage* is a *fruitcage*' stage, hmm. Well you have fun, if they do turn up, aren't hideous, haven't chosen the 'best' pics (usually pre-op) and are genuinely interested then good luck to you.

As for me I seem to attract the weird ones. This is great for the 'fun' part as they are usually open to anything but not so much for the rest of things as they have their own little insanities.

Still might be meeting someone this week, that makes me happy. To have found someone that isn't such a wuss about meeting people, even when you suggest somewhere open so nothing will happen, is a delight.

Plus on Friday a female friend of mine with a high drive and no-one to use it on bar me comes back home. I would describe what that could be like but I think that would be stretching the boundaries of the 12A rating.

'FireKnife'

Depends how insane said ex was?

Fond memories of my insane ones. Also I find that it really is best to take things as they go and not really plan much. Some times you end up with someone you want to see again and it works, other times you realise that neither of you have that much in common but haven't had it in a while so why not. Just depends what you are looking for, who you are and who you meet.

Just always check for possible sign of TS or similar, unless you are into that. ;)

'FireKnife'

Depends how insane said ex was?

Very. See above 'arrested' comment. That happened to her fella before me, and I jumped ship (after two years) before it happened to me. Like the time she woke me up hitting me inna face with an iPad, then claimed I assulted her and I had to take her phone out of her hand to stop three 9s being dialled.

Just depends what you are looking for, who you are and who you meet.

Am I taking relationship advice from FireKnife?

I am not sure i'm ready for this.

Heh.  I woke up to punches in the face.  Then restrained her.  Then I get 'You're scaring me.  I'm going to call the police.' I reply, 'you won't call the police, don't be so stupid.  You're wasted.  You can barely string a sentence together'  I was too tired to de-escalate the situation any further and then I wake up a while later with police standing next me. Fun times.  Sacked her pretty quickly after that incident I can tell you.

Don't you just love women that get physical, then pull the "you're scaring me" card.

If there was any choice in the matter, I'd have gone gay years ago. 2x male wages coming in, no kids, get to dress fabulous... The benefits are unreal. :P

Don't you just love women that get physical, then pull the "you're scaring me" card.

If there was any choice in the matter, I'd have gone gay years ago. 2x male wages coming in, no kids, get to dress fabulous... The benefits are unreal. :P

You mean you are straight? So what was that thing that happened on the night of the Arnies game back in December '12? Huh?

Though true on the first line. I mean you tell them you have certain preferences, they make out like they do too, you get down to it and they think it is all going to be nice and active before finding out it is dirty and not what they expected. EDIT: Oh that type of 'physical' yeah that is a *badgeress* too.

Am I taking relationship advice from FireKnife?

I am not sure i'm ready for this.

The sad irony is that I am rather good at giving advice to others, I just know I am too 'weird' for it to apply to me. I mean all the girls I meet have one or two things I am looking for but not the rest. They are either hot but insane, dirty but just not attracted to them, clever but unimaginative etc. It is probably just me but it isn't like I haven't had the weird experinces, though mine tend to be less violent and more psychological with girls (one never acted violently to me but after a break-up claimed I raped her on more than one occasion).

'FireKnife'

Archived