Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

It helped build the start of 'I hate DLC' for me.

Spent a fair bit on those just for several hours of entertainment (of varying degrees) and then maybe a new gun or two.

You're right about the Tinder thing - my profile pic is me in a moose antlered skiing helmet. It's for winners, and attracts nutters. Which for one nighters is definitely for winners.

To me DLC cost should reflect content. I mean some are like £5 for a character skin or three? What the hell is up with that? I am so glad I got NV:Ultimate for £15 all in, that way I paid about one and a half DLC cost for the whole lot and it is worth it at that price, bugs and all.

As for Tinder, hell even I don't use it. Still doesn't mean I don't have other ways of picking up girls but seriously, the level of fake profiles is just awful, more so than many other places. Still if I really wanted a quick thing I could find it, we all could. Sometimes though you just want someone to actually care about and not just *fruitcage*.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes though, it doesn't matter if you despise her as long as she is hot and *fruitcage*s like a paint shaker.

Who hasn't had an 'angry *fruitcage*' though (and I don't mean angry sex where you get to let it out I mean a proper 'I am screwing you because I can't do other things to you')?

They are good fun, the girl is hot and you have some fun, all in all a win win, just not so much win the next day.

'FireKnife'

This one for me was a girl I knew from school.

I didn't like her, and she didn't like me. But she ended up in our group for some reason. She'd been promised a sofa spot by one of the group, who then disappeared at some point after she'd drunk her taxi money. I said if she quit whining like a *badgeress* she could crash on my sofa. We ended up drinking a bit more at mine after kick out time at the pub and ended up in bed with her. Pillow talk with this girl was verbal abuse.

This carried on for weeks before I decided it was getting stupid.

This carried on for weeks before I decided it was getting stupid.

"if you knew any different would you have done it any other way?"

"well I would have asked if she liked anal........"

About sums those up for me, you knew what it was about, others just won't get it :D.

'FireKnife'

I think how scary a picture you take is disproportionate to how nice a fella you come across in person. :)

You'd have thought for that money, they'd have given you a full set of spokes. :P

Aw shucks, I'm blushing.

Some of the high end stuff has a ridiculously low number of spokes, the aero spokes are the strongest ones and I have 32 of them on each wheel, I get laughed at by roadies but my wheels are bomb-proof.

I had great success with the ADF diet, but unfortunately I just couldn't balance it with working 12 hours a day, six days a week.

Especially as my primary job is working as a teacher in a LOA 5-6 SEN school. Very demanding work, not something that I could do when feeling woozy and sleepy 3 days a week.

Yeah, I don't get so bad but I only work 9, that last 3 would make me very hangry indeed.

<words> decide to take up cycling to work on the warmer days.

<other words>

'FireKnife'

Warmer days?

Get out there man, cold never hurt anyone.

(except all those people off the Titanic, and Scott's party and - never mind)

TAB-ing becomes a shuffled run for me. But the rest of it, amazing fun. The only reason I had kit that fitted an no-one else did through basic was because of the local Ghurkas.

Ah, the old "airbourne shuffle". That's OK but there's nothing worse than a guy who can't quite walk fast enough that does a bit of a run to catch up.

When they start scout pacing like that and you're keeping up fine and suddenly find a huge gap in front of you - I hate that.

Thanks for that bud. I'm on my phone so will have a look at the links tonight.

I know running isn't the best for me but it's free, and I'm 2 minutes from miles of mown grass so wouldn't be totally smashing my knees to pieces.

To cycle, I would need a bike + lid + lights. Again, I'm 2 minutes from miles of flat cycle path though. I don't have any disposable spare to purchase bike + ancillaries. I also frigging hate cycling, but could overcome that for health reasons.

Never heard of a turbo trainer, will look into it.

To be honest I probably only need to lose half a stone or so, I've just got a slight paunch.

I'll need to ease into it though as my cardio is truly shocking. I'm going to start krav maga again in January which is good cardio, but I'd like a month or so first so I don't have a heart attack in my first class.

I've also got a heavy bag for the garage to start some cardio that way. That's going up this weekend.

I love swimming, but again, cost and time. Nearest pool is 15 minutes away by car.

I reckon I can squeeze an hour of phys in per day, tops, and a half hour round trip will kill time in the pool. Half an hour swimming isn't enough for me.

I've also got some free weights and a chin up bar, but I'm not too worried about strength. I've got a physical job,and I e worked on building sites for 18 years. I'm not massive, but have a decent amount of strength.

Once again, thanks for your help :)

Edit, willpower isn't an issue. I've no qualms about being out in the pouring rain or when it's freezing!

Anyway, lifting weights uses a surprising number of calories.

Things you can do in your garage that rip through calories include weighted step ups and weighted lunges, all you need for that is a bag of sand (not £1000).

Burpees and mountain climbers too.

Heaves bar does use them but it is a slower, more deliberate exercise so it uses them slower.

If you hate cycling, don't do it. One of the most crucial things to do when exercising is to do something fun or you'll lose motivation and give up.

I find with martial arts that the warm up is too intense (not warming up really) then the lesson phase is slow and not intense at all then the sparring is hit and miss.

It's all the wrong way around.

Depends on the instructor though.

Double post.

Sorry, I somehow dropped your post off the epic multiquote I just pulled off.

Anyway, lifting weights uses a surprising number of calories.

Things you can do in your garage that rip through calories include weighted step ups and weighted lunges, all you need for that is a bag of sand (not £1000).

Burpees and mountain climbers too.

Heaves bar does use them but it is a slower, more deliberate exercise so it uses them slower.

If you hate cycling, don't do it. One of the most crucial things to do when exercising is to do something fun or you'll lose motivation and give up.

I find with martial arts that the warm up is too intense (not warming up really) then the lesson phase is slow and not intense at all then the sparring is hit and miss.

It's all the wrong way around.

Depends on the instructor though.

Once again, thanks!

I've got tons of sand lying around as I'm renovating our house, and I seem to be mixing cement nearly every weekend...

I'm going to sit down one night this week and build myself a training programme and include your suggestions.

With Krav, you're right to some extent, but I do have a brilliant instructor (although that is from limited experience.) from other forums I'm on, the classes seem well structured (which backs up my gut feeling) and the instructor is a very amenable bloke. Very happy to help out with other things too, extra training, work to boost your skills in class etc. massively into kettle bells too.

I really do appreciate your advice, cheers!

Edit, missed the bit out where I was going to say there is a good dollop of sparring and pressure testing. You're not stood in a line all night learning how to throw one punch on the spot... The warm up is as you say, more intense than the class, but the two are a comparable :)

Agreed on the quality of the instructor. I gave up Thai boxing classes at uni as the instructor was a muppet who was more interested in showing off and bigging himself up than actually teaching. The final straw was when he tried to have a go at me for choosing to revise for an exam rather than go to one class

As much as I feel I would be fine fasting every other day, living at home means the folks get all concerned about eating all the time.  Last winter break I did a daily treadmill block, but that was more to keep me from sitting in bed all day.  Surprising to me is how good some of my replicas act as impromptu weights, but I suppose I have more shoulder strength than arm strength and so heaving a rifle up and down a good number of times actually feels good.

Just looked at the ADF diet.

Not going to happen. I don't need to lose enough weight to warrant it for one - more balanced meals with smaller portions will be fine. Half a stone, maybe a stone max is all I need to shift. I'd like to put it back on in muscle too.

Also, I bloody love food. 600 calories a day ain't an option I'm afraid. I'll get up at 6am and swim in the sea for an hour a day before I skip eating for a day.

I really do appreciate you giving me options though :)

Personally I would avoid the ADF diet as there is little evidence to support its effectiveness in those only wanting to loose a small amount of weight. Also there is no info on potential long term health effects.

Lastly I wouldn't trust anything advocated by that whack a doodle Joseph Mercola

Some poor lad got sent a busted up RIF on facebook and the response from the community made me smile.

Couple of guys offered to fix it up for him at no charge, one chap who runs a store is sending him a bunch of BBs, smokes and bangs and another was offering him a special rate on a RIF of his own.

I can never understand why people would sell something broken.. It's just wrong.

More smiles: Having a 'advanced weapon handling test' which consists of drawing the weapon like a boss, making the weapon safe like a boss, holding the weapon like a boss and cocking it off your heel after a forward roll like a boss.

Dangerous onna range. Essential Airsoft technique.

I can never understand why people would sell something broken.. It's just wrong.

I can answer that with a popular local saying that just about sums up the way Fife thinks: "*Ubarflock* are everywhere" :P.

As for me Friday is now new Pokemon and hot date with tall Polish girl (she is about 5-9 or so) so double win. Also another girl I might be able to make a 'friend with benefits' incase things don't go as well on Friday is still talking to me it seems, just had a weird week. Hmm, things have improved slightly.

'FireKnife'

I'm enjoying being a full on geek, trying to complete Alien Isolation without dying once. Half way through and it's going well (on easy though). Other games don't give me the same level of enjoyment as A I does. Completed it already (on the xbox1 and the ps4) but I'm enjoying the challenge to unlock a reward (thingy). It's only a game but it sure is fun.

Oh and my Jenson Button cap is finally on its way to me (from his time at BAR Honda).

Too tall for me. GOD DAMNIT*

*Not actually bitter about my height, child sized clothing is tax free.

Well it confused me on the dating site. When a woman is honest and chooses the BBW/Big&Tall option I assume that means 'big'. For here it meant size 12 figure and 5'9". This to me is fine.

If she's up for 45 minutes of action surely calling her a bag is just a bit mean... :P

I like how when I am busy with work other people seem to pick up the comments I would have made :D.

As for tall women (those about average male height) it has it's advantages. Positions are easier, kissing is easier, means photo taking leads to less having to stoop to get into frame, it's all good :).

Though I am trying to recall the shortest woman I have ever slept with. I think it was 4'10" she was, can't quite remember but it was something like that (I can recall dress and bra sizes but height, not so much).

'FireKnife'

Personally I would avoid the ADF diet as there is little evidence to support its effectiveness in those only wanting to loose a small amount of weight. Also there is no info on potential long term health effects.

Lastly I wouldn't trust anything advocated by that whack a doodle Joseph Mercola

Never heard of Joseph Mercola but I have done the diet and doing 1:1 lost me 4 stone in 5 months.  Going to 5:2 and no phys held me steady with slight weight loss depending on circumstances.

5:2 with lots of phys has me back losing at a healthy rate.

As for long-term health, I'm nearly at 2 years and I've never felt better, look online for information about SIRT-1 gene activation in CR diets.

Not much info on humans but lots of positive results in rats and dogs.

I don't find the hunger too bad because by missing breakfast I don't get the cortisol amplified morning insulin spike and can therefore get to lunch without hunger on just water.

Minor weight loss can be achieved by modifying the diet, 6:1 or 5:2 with a larger calorie allowance like 800 or 1000.

Polish girl (she is about 5-9 or so)

Not legal until she is 16-17 or so.

Archived