Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scorch can you explain the clan stuff to me I have only played the main game stuff and read up on the early inner sphere and the *fruitcage*ed up game show stuff.

Loyal Member of House Davion here I am debating getting involved with the online stuff finding out a bit about Mechariot online and the role playing game. I have playe some tabletop stuffs set in the universe and love the game world.

You'd be better off looking to the Battletech novel series for the backstory rather than me clumsily try to give you the highlights as there's an awful lot of it and I'm certain I'd miss bits out.

I'm a Star Adder player myself. I might dig out my tabletop models, but I have an online version of the tabletop game so they're not necessary for me to get my fix.

(The computer version of the game is called MegaMek and is free)

On Davions and Battletech? My advice, stop after 4th, or if you -must- right around the Clan Invasion when IS starts turning the tables, after that, Battletech was run by guys with serious 'rtake a dump on' arttitude towards the Davions.

From what I heard, the Davion fanbase got totally fed up with the oifficial line, and deserted the CBT forums en masse after yet another 'lets badger the Davions again'... Me, I had already left in disgust about a year earlier because of issues with the corporate side.

Personal loyalty is to Theodore's Draconis Combine. :D And like I said before, I -do- have writing credit in official product, and it's not even hard to find out if you look at stuff.

---

For that vaccination-fencesitter, how about showing her some document about the polio victims? And tell her that polio weas almost eradicated, but due to people declining the vaccinations, it's back, and with vengeance? Then ask her if she wants her child to end up liek the cripples begging in India?

Dara O'Briain iirc.

I hate Tim Minchin. I want to nail his tongue to his *fruitcage* piano.

Nah, it was Minchin.

I liked Minchin in his earlier days, but lately he has just jumped on the antireligious bandwagon and his comedy has suffered because of it, IMO.

Musically he's still top notch though.

Nah, it was Minchin.

I liked Minchin in his earlier days, but lately he has just jumped on the antireligious bandwagon and his comedy has suffered because of it, IMO.

Musically he's still top notch though.

Actually........

It is in their somewhere but I recall him saying it before Minchin. Still like both though. This also reminds me (almost unrelated) to watch Qualmpedeller by Bill Bailey, still haven't watched it.

'FireKnife'

A-ha, I had a feeling someone was :P.

But yes it is a very valid point. You wouldn't sit and go 'well you know what, four wheels on a car has proven itself for the past century but you know, why not add a fifth wheel, right in the middle?' so why do people keep searching for such alternatives that unless you have an allergic reaction to the original options, are a waste of time.

But happy thread so yeah. Erm, one month and Christmas will be over, which is good, less than two weeks and I am on holiday, Pokemon soon and managed to get people into my gaming idea I have written but now I just need to finalise it.

'FireKnife'

What, the post Christmas leftover sandwich made of all sorts?

For me it is just the knowledge that it is all over and then I can wait for spring / summer and be happier again.

Plus now I am in the Central Belt I can look at booking things for next year, getting ready for the Fringe, sorting out what guns I do and don't need (I think minimum I will buy a USPc from TM and sell the PPK).

'FireKnife'

For me I am having a 'winter lunch' as it were in two weeks time. Ham glazed with honey and English mustard, roasted to perfection.

It is like eating special bacon, with a bit of gravy to put over it to add to the taste. Proper gravy.

Not sure what my Dad and step-*badgeress* have decided for Christmad day but I hope it isn't turkey, given that two of us don't like turkey.

About the only thing I like at Christmas is the food, the rest is just meh.

'FireKnife'

Oh my god another eater of THE sandwich.. it is just the best thing to happen all year that doesn't primarily involve bacon. 

Mine is always thick crusty bread, honey roast gammon, turkey, beef, Sausagemeat stuffing, a touch of mayo and some pickled beetroot.

Archived