Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I discovered today a firearm called Steinkamp SW1, and my first thought was "How would RC make one?" :D

Sister got to our house safe from the hospital the day after her knee replacement surgery.  Hopefully I will be able to watch over her okay the next few days whilst her husband goes back to work.

After yesterday I was surprised to see they let me look after bookings again (this reinforces the thinking I had a small hiccough) I was also dreading it.

First booking was alright but the second and larger one was absolutely wonderful. Some of the lovliest customers I've ever dealt with and I was so pleased to get to look after them. When they finished up they gave me a £35 tip which was ridiculous as I was pretty much the only staff member looking after them. Gave £10 to the young lady helping me run the floor (in general and also helped out a tad with the booking).

Then found out someone's leaving, which got myself and my friend promoted to  Team Leader there and then as he was the one they were worried about quitting if we got promoted and he didn't. Now to see if this is a stepping stone or not (from the training I'm receiving it looks like I am meant to be going another level and this is just them playing by the rules and seeing if I can hack it).

But a promotion is a promotion. :)

Got given a bottle of wine by the management today. (a good one, according to Google)

And a paid day off on the 23rd.

And they paid for the Christmas party.

Could these tight fisted bastards be turning a corner and showing some appreciation? I remain sceptical. 

I don't mind getting socks for xmas, what I object to is getting sub-standard socks for xmas.

Why do I always get *suitcasey* cotton novelty socks I have no use for.  I work outdoors in wellies, my hobbies include cycling and SCUBA diving, I am an active person.

For socks I use short wicking trainer socks or Merino wool boot/hiking/scuba/winter bike socks.  Everything else gets put in a drawer and disposed of 12 months later to make room for more *suitcasey* novelty cotton socks.

I'd rather have one pair of On-One "thicky" Merino socks than 7 pairs of "day of the week" cotton 'tard socks.

Bloody midgets with bloody average sized feet able to find decent socks in your sizes.

Bloody midgets ¬_¬

Happy thread - Goodridge brake hoses, fresh Pagid brake discs and pads, and VW/ Lucas brake calipers are now fitted to the rear of the Corrado. Will get the front discs and pads changed at the weekend/soon after Christmas, then it's just a case of replacing the bonnet cable, a bloody good service, and the last piece of welding before I take her for a preliminary MoT test.

Wore 10.5 for nearly a decade, before the family got told I was really a 9.

Except that because both my feet are oddly shaped, so often larger sizes still fit better.

Needless to say, my family does not have the best luck when it comes to shoes.

In regard to the above I know of a girl that still has a pair of my boxers that I left at hers once. But then she was crazy, dirty minded but crazy.

And this year it looks like I have been given clothes. Clothes are actually a good thing as anything else that I want, I buy. Clothes are fine by me so long as they are in my size and don't look daft or is something I wouldn't wear etc.

'FireKnife'

You know, what made me smile was the combination of posts here about clothes and taking 'just a breacher' to a game. I bet it'd be intimidating as a platon of Gurkhas and platoon of the old Black Watch having a competition on Axis heads in a pile... But someohow the idea of a game where one is there in just eyepro and breacher... I doubt it'd get traction. :D

Archived