Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which was re-quoted by a female corps PTI who on a 'fun' PT session with attached infantry shouted at a group of Sgt and CSgts leopard crawling that they'd get their "fackin' ed' down if it was real rounds"

One stood up, and asked very nicely for a man of his stature, "Have you been in a contact?"

She was very quiet after that.

Yeah tell me about it, sewing clothes is annoying enough, but nylon is a *bramston pickle* to get through, especially with molle on top.  I snapped 5 needles doing 2 rows of molle.

Darkchild

Triangle blade needles (like those bayonets on the Type-56's) like these ones: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hemline-Hand-Sewing-Needles-Leather/dp/B0039NHPFS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1421868483&sr=8-2&keywords=leather+needle

I'll have to get some of those for my next bright idea.

Darkchild

Gopping and gipping are the exact same thing if you're a squaddie. Read also: minging, and rats eg "That bird over there is rats!"

Darkchild

Yeah, though gopping can also mean soaked. We used gipping as kids, probably a regional thing, because to gip is to retch, so 'that is giping' meant that is sickening.

And this guy truly is turbo gip.

The forces creates this bizarre sort of generic accent that is somehow northern ish but can pass for London if you went through their schools. Well other than the extreme scouse or extreme Scots accent that appears.

Also if the docks can be launched at 482 fps what kind of chrono would I need to ensure I am launching my bag of docks at mrk1 mod 0 approved velocity?

As for the really good news, the boy has finally got a wheelchair services appointment.

Doctor has prescribed some codeine for my dodgy ankle to see me through until my holiday when I stressed statutory sick pay will not even cover my rent (something is wrong with the system most definitely. How the *fruitcage* can someone on the dole, long term with no intention of getting back to work, afford holidays and massive TVs when I'm incapable of taking a week off for an injury?) and therefore cannot take the time off he suggested. Problem is I can't use codeine whilst working as it impairs my judgement, which is ironically when I need the pain relief the most.

Checked my outstanding balance for the debt I actually owed, was £11 after my automated payment of £20 this morning. Just called them up and paid the outstanding balance (which has cleared now three weeks earlier than when I last spoke to them). Now its time to clear this other debt (however I'm also going to revisit the financial ombudsman to see if I can resolve it another way), not sure how long left I have on that plan and don't really want to call them.

Archived