Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think this is the first 'OMFG SNOW!!!1!' post.

Remedial training for a soldier as he can't get fire team mechanics into his head. Got four guys going through their training on the MK2 snowball in the car park.

1. "Ready"
2. Sling rifle
3. Grasp the pre-rolled snowball with the throwing hand and hold it at waist level
4. Using the non-throwing hand to gesticulate towards your target in an offensive manner
5. On the command 'Throw' look in the direction of the target as you would a stone
6. On throwing shout 'Grenade' to warn friendly troops
7. Be prepared to follow up with rapid shots or bayonet if necessary

Just gotta wait for the REME to emerge for their NAAFI break.

6. On throwing shout 'Grenade' to warn friendly troops

Just a question: aren't there separate warnings for incoming and outgoing grenades? I distinctly remember the difference between "Grenade" and "Frag out" calls from my walting around in America's Army.

Oh joy. A buddy of mine has a LNIB Umarex (Dong San/KTW) SPAS shorty that he wants to get rid of. I might grab it for my project.

The complete extension of the process is "On throwing, shout "Grenade" to warn friendly troops a grenade is about to explode" so it covers defensive and offensive.

Unit specifics and their own TTPs vary however, so the chance of that being adopted by a unit is high. Also the Americans do some crazy *suitcase* that makes no sense sometimes. UK forces just tend to jump on grenades near to them, see below example of badassery.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2445513/Royal-Marine-who-jumped-on-grenade-awarded-George-Cross.html

So yesterday I volunteered to give a manager at a different pub the tour of ours as he was being interviewed by our Area Manager. When my boss (Pub Manager) introduced me to him she said I was one of the new Team Leaders but not for long as there's a plan in place for my progression. This coupled with the additional training I'm receiving seems to indicate I'm going up again soon. What excites me most about this? The payrise, eating for free, additional bonus? Nope, not having to wear a white shirt in an incredibly messy job. And having more freedom with my ties, damn I could blow a small fortune on ties.

Due to it being bonus week I've also got a fair bit of playing money. Some is going into savings for March when its a good friend's birthday and I want to do something cool with them. Almost blew the rest on a WE  416 but mate advised against it at the price and to be honest I don't really have a skirmisher's defense anymore.  So its a new pair of boots (something that gives my ankle really good support as its still buggered), a set of gloves and a new hop rubber (old has a slight tear) so I can get back into skirmishing.

I like ties. I use them to rebel at jobs where they make me wear them.

My favourites are the steam punk one my friend made me, and the incredibly tacky leopard print one with a naked lady on the underside Which I got from Ann Summers of all places.

PS4, Mac, PS Vita, Windows PC and Linux although with oddly high system requirements on PC.

Intel HD4000 graphics and Open GL 3.3?

My laptop can't manage it?

Doesn't matter, I can play it on my PC, windowed, while I watch a film and do internet.

So it's on PS4, that's good to know (yes, I have a PS4 but not a PC/laptop anymore. Though I do have a tablet, but that's used for drawing and watching movies in bed). Will have a look for it tonight.

The complete extension of the process is "On throwing, shout "Grenade" to warn friendly troops a grenade is about to explode" so it covers defensive and offensive.

Unit specifics and their own TTPs vary however, so the chance of that being adopted by a unit is high. Also the Americans do some crazy *suitcase* that makes no sense sometimes. UK forces just tend to jump on grenades near to them, see below example of badassery.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2445513/Royal-Marine-who-jumped-on-grenade-awarded-George-Cross.html

While the Americans are definitely crazy, in this case I feel that the distinction is a useful one to make.

I like ties. I use them to rebel at jobs where they make me wear them.

My favourites are the steam punk one my friend made me, and the incredibly tacky leopard print one with a naked lady on the underside Which I got from Ann Summers of all places.

I considered getting a BFG Multicam tie, don't think they'd let me wear it at work though even with a promotion.

As if Ann Summers do/did ties, can't say I've noticed them when I've visited. Love it when I go in there with my mate and she tries embarrassing me. Just ask her to model for me and get a bitchy look.

As someone who is married to an ex fetish model, who used to go to torture garden and erotica festival etc etc, had custom made latex gear made for her and stuff, I can say with confidence that Ann summers is cheap tat being sold massively overpriced.

Darkchild

When you say confident, how do they portray that so that the staff pick up on it? Just seems like an odd thing to say. Kind of like saying 'everyone hates how confident I am' when it could be the confidence is coming across as arrogance (like talking quite loud or trying to show people how knowledgable you are, even though the other person didn't ask for the advice/help).

Good bye IPhone, the bad have far out weighed the good. Let's try and be civil during the next few days. Let's both promise to be mature about this and see it as 'just one of those thing' and not 'it's all your own fault, you piece of *suitcase*'.

Edit: in response to Baddbaz, the confidence question not the iPhone getting rid of joyness description.

Edit No2: also, always found the cup size selection, in Anne Summers, to be a bit *suitcase*. 32G nope, can't help you.

Iv always been vaguely uncomfortable in Ann summers it's too clean and girly and the staff are too helpful and.... I just want to be left alone to shop having someone ask 'need any help looking' just puts me out of he head space I need to be in to buy stuff they sell.

Heck, if I got a question like that, I'd probably look at them all snooty and ask: "Do I look blind to you?" Of course, if they answer 'Yes', then I _would_ ask them to help... Because then they wouldn'ät have an objection for me to checking how stuff would 'fit', if you get my meaning.

As for women smelling confidence... I think in regards to something like Ann Summers? Yeah, the staff can smell it, because the confident ones aren't skulking around the corners, trying to look inconspicious. They go, take a look at what's on offer and if there's something they think can be passable, they get it. That sort of stuff really does show.

Just spent an hour on POF trying to find a woman for the lad in my office.

Much banter was had with some of the suggestions we made for him.

Good *fruitcage*-ing luck with that. All I have gotten is about 25 varieties of psycho from there. Still the sex was awesome so can't complain too much. :P

'FireKnife'

This, this sounds like my thing... Just kidding, given I dislike people as a general rule sites won't work. Need to know a person on an acquaintance level first.

Just placed my order for some Mechanix to look after my hands in the cold and a Fastmag from Tactical Kit. Was tempted by the BFG tenspeed double pistol too but wasn't sure of the retention, I might want something with a flap to hold them in. Hopefully they'll ship nice and fast so I can use them next Sunday for my first game in six or so months.

Speaking of I've spent the day looking over my kit, from fiddling with my Mk18's hop (I think I installed it wrong) to checking the seals on my 226 mags, unfortunately half of them have no gas and I've none standing by, d'oh.

Archived