Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just started, but go to The Wessex Bladesman, little club with about a dozen members in Salisbury.

Sounds ideal. Small numbers, means you get a better class of training.

Its frustrating that all the HEMA clubs we've found are quite the trek away from us.

UKBF have just gotten back to me. After making an error and charging me £145 import VAT on a 53USD package, they've adjusted it to £11. Apparently some bumpy read 1050NT$ as 1050US$ and charged me extortion based on the postage value. Only took them 2 days too sort as well which is impressive and everyone I spoke to was nothing but helpful, that was quite a shock!

Still it's all sorted now and my VSR is set to have its M40A3 stock on Monday :) then to get the Krylon maracas out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I did that Tank Paintballing, it was quite fun, I got told off for going too fast, I was told i'd break the tank....

Scorch how have we not discussed swords and HEMA/WMA before????  Swords were my big thing before I found the wonderful world of airsoft! Ive got quite a few but my Angus trim 13th Century war sword is the pride of my little collection.

I did that Tank Paintballing, it was quite fun, I got told off for going too fast, I was told i'd break the tank....

Scorch how have we not discussed swords and HEMA/WMA before????  Swords were my big thing before I found the wonderful world of airsoft! Ive got quite a few but my Angus trim 13th Century war sword is the pride of my little collection.

Chas is the fella you want to speak to then. He'll bend your ear for hours on end about treatises and techniques. :)

I just want to learn how to use a sabre and cutlass properly. ;)

UKBF have just gotten back to me. After making an error and charging me £145 import VAT on a 53USD package, they've adjusted it to £11. Apparently some bumpy read 1050NT$ as 1050US$ and charged me extortion based on the postage value. Only took them 2 days too sort as well which is impressive and everyone I spoke to was nothing but helpful, that was quite a shock!

Still it's all sorted now and my VSR is set to have its M40A3 stock on Monday :) then to get the Krylon maracas out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had that back in 06 - took em a month and they could only pay me back by cheque. Had to cough up first naturally. Bastards. 

I had that back in 06 - took em a month and they could only pay me back by cheque. Had to cough up first naturally. Bastards. 

Thankfully I haven't coughed up yet. The bloke at PF advised me to make the claim to change the fees first as they put that at higher priority as I still owe them, rather than going through the process of claiming it back. So I will pay the correct fees when I go to collect it on Monday. 

Chas is the fella you want to speak to then. He'll bend your ear for hours on end about treatises and techniques. :)

I just want to learn how to use a sabre and cutlass properly. ;)

Ah I love military sabres I have a couple the 1796 light cavalry and the 1860 heavy sabre both by cold steel  :D

Yeah close enough, Not sure if it will fit or not. Took quite a bit of filing to get it to fit on this.. Definitely wasn't a drop in fit! Unfortunately it's now all packed up ready for transit this weekend but when I get back i'll take some pictures and PM them to you to show you the inside of it and where I filed it! 

I now have an avatar again!!! It's an art commision I have had done. I kinda like it. Shame he is pants at guns otherwise there would be one leant against the chair.

And dammit this thread reminds me 1

I need to get my larp bladesk back from uni clubs and 2. I miss being fit enough for SEA light fighting and British heavy steel work.

Archived