Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought a new knife for basic outdoorsy stuff.

It's wicked sharp.

I now have a bald patch on my arm from dicking about shaving it with said knife.

It's one of these:

They call it a wrecking knife.

The first thing you must do with a knife is shave your arm to test how sharp it is!

Bahco make great tools, that should be a bombproof piece of kit :)

The first thing you must do with a knife is shave your arm to test how sharp it is!

Bahco make great tools, that should be a bombproof piece of kit :)

I should think so, they say beating the spine of it with a claw hammer is Ok so it should take whatever I do to it.

I wanted a small plain bushcrafty type blade, but without being a typical limpwristed bushcraft blade. This fits the bill perfectly.

Even more so since I sat with a bit of polishing paste and a leather strop making it even sharper. ;)

Bought a new knife for basic outdoorsy stuff.

It's wicked sharp.

I now have a bald patch on my arm from dicking about shaving it with said knife.

It's one of these:

They call it a wrecking knife.

Lovely, there is a good argument that BAHCO invented the adjustable spanner as we know it.

Good company, good tools.

Yikes that is somewhat disturbing googly boobs.

protoboobs.

I'm just going to say this, if they went to all the trouble of making the product and filming the video they could have gone the extra step and hired a model with some serious boobs.

I mean, it's a product based on exploiting the natural giggliness of boobs which is proportional to size.

Fair play to the girl though, she gave it the beans.

Really, there is no way of wording the above that doesn't make me sound like a pervy douche nozzle.

Guilty as charged I guess.

This morning I was driving along side a convoy of roughly 17 classic minis, window down with my head out of the window like a happy dog mouth watering.. I've just walked into Horsham town centre to find the whole main square area absolutely choca with beautiful classic minis of all varieties.. I am literally in heaven, why do I need to go back to work??

God I wish I hadn't sold mine! 

It was a 1 litre with a stage 3 head I think.

Needed work and got rid. Gutted, it would be worth a fortune now...

A mate of mine built a 1340 with a straight cut 'box, that was stupid quick and uncrashable. His dad had a 1293 turbo too. Good times :)

I have dreams of putting a 2L 16V Vauxhall engine with a 5 speed box and clutch into a clubby or extended round nose.. Look original from the outside but majorly bring the grin factor when you put your foot down. Modern car in a classic shell.. perfect for all the motorway driving I do! A lot of custom parts, subframe etc though! 

Either that or a standard 1275 Cooper S again with a stage 3 head and mint body work. Mmmm I'm now browsing classic car sales sites wishing I could afford one.

SO SO SO much money! It's so disappointingly mouthwaterily amazing! 

One day! It will be mine! There's a guy in Huddersfield that I'm quite pally with who has said it's definitely possible.. And there's quite a lot of info online.. I'd like to think I could do it myself but with next to no mechanical experience I think it might be a tall order! Still best way to learn is plunge right in the deep end! 

I've seen the Busa conversion a friend has one... To be honest it's a bit too wild and uncontrollable plus its not as practical. You loose all the back space and you might as well say goodbye to your hearing in the future. It's awesome fun to drive but realistically it's not what I want! A 2L 16V will do me just fine and keep the back seats and hearing in check! 

I hate that engine with a passion.

Several grands' worth of passat reduced to scrap value due to that horrible engine...

Really?

I think I remember that from the my eye thread.  What happened?

I've seen pictures of one that split in two half way up the block on a dyno run at 700+ bhp.

Mine have always been super-reliable.

I'd have the MK1 1.8t Octavia Elegance 4x4 too but the torsen 4x4 in the Passat/A4 is far superior to the Haldex in the Golf/Octavia/A3.

Really?

I think I remember that from the my eye thread.  What happened?

I've seen pictures of one that split in two half way up the block on a dyno run at 700+ bhp.

Mine have always been super-reliable.

I'd have the MK1 1.8t Octavia Elegance 4x4 too but the torsen 4x4 in the Passat/A4 is far superior to the Haldex in the Golf/Octavia/A3.

On paper a good engine, but suffer oil issues.

My oil pump let go on the motorway due to sludging. It seized before I could lob it onto the hard shoulder. Full service history and I swapped the oil every 3000 miles, totally standard engine. No reason for it to die but it sludged anyway.

I want to love it, it's a great car, and I really like the tiptronic gearbox too, but even if I rebuilt it I would be scared of it doing it again.

It was also truly *suitcase* on fuel. Averaged 23 mpg and it was not driven hard at all. I'm like driving miss daisy more often than not, wife is the same.

Archived