Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Modifed the rear door on my Defender to have a gun rack!

That's...actually pretty cool. Just don't leave them in there when you give your gran/work friends/etc. a lift lol

Does the AK barrel not hit the door frame?

Stunt, giggled more than I reasonably should at your post!

Banks, as above, is there a cutout in the body of the wagon so the AK barrel clears it?!!

Also, I have been pricing up griddle pans today. Weird.

I have spent an absolute butt-load of money.

I ordered my first ever carbon bike frame and then I started thinking about buying some parts for it.

I have orange bar tape and cable outers coming.

I finally bought the front brake/rear shifter I have been being tortured by for 2 years (from a German retailer obviously - Germany rules).

New saddle and seat post.

New tyres with orange highlights to match my bike (and handbag dahling).

A wheelsmith built back wheel to go with the front I already have.

New bottom bracket bearings.

New headset bearings and a tool to remove the old ones for the green bike.

I will put the (too small) Carrera on the turbo, put all the good parts on the KTM and then build the Rove up from spares into a commuter and sell it to my brother-in-law.

I had a touch of money left so I decided to prepare for going to Garmin Vector pedals next year and switch over to Look Keo pedals now so all my pedals are compatible in the future.

I got some Exustar pedals (licensed Look copies) and that meant I needed a new pair of shoes.

Did I continue my theme and go with some hand-made slice of colour-matched designer fabulousness?

Of course I did:

Giro%20Empire%20ACC%20Orange_zpswck5gxsf

I even bought some lycra overshoes so my old shoes could be colour matched too...

I don't know.  Desert Eagles in .357 seem pretty controllable.  Plus, cool points.

I read an article on how the Desert Eagle was one of the best, and yet most under rated, home defence guns.

The ridiculous size and weight are more benefit than drawback when you're not carrying it around all day.

I was going to say mag capacity would be a drawback but HD scenarios probably don't turn into massive, long drawn out gunfights so you could probably do what you need to do in 10 rounds.  Hell, that's one more than a 1911.  Other negative is you would need a hand held light.

Ah, the tried and tested 'Hollywood' fighting technique.  Remember to keep racking the slide and take the safety on and off every few minutes for maximum intimidation.

.44 Desert Eagle looks like a blast for IPSC.

I love DEs. Fired the 6" .50 & .44 quite a difference! Also shot the 10" in .44 that is controllable, considering at the time I was 14 with little to no firearms experience got all rounds on the target and 3 on the body lol.

.50 is bloody awesome but as said the weight of the pistol helps alot. Check out a chap called Jerry Mculeck (that is spelt VERY wrong) he does an IPSC speed shoot with a DE and nails it.

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Archived