Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss my cast iron skillet. I want a cast iron pan that isn't a griddle setup but $$$$ can someone buy me my dream k8tceh setup please?

Get yourself to homesense. So many lovely pans and stuff.

I got myself one of these. Because science.

41JN1tjp8gL._SY300_.jpg

My dream kitchen is a truly scary amount.

Full pan set in cast iron, 3 enammelled saucepans, 2 cast iron flat lodge style skillets, a proper wok, a set of copper pans for sauces, a saucier pan for sauté work, a cast iron enammled crock pot and one that isn't enammelled. A single non stick or high end aliminium pan for doing eggs in.

A paring knife, 6 and 8 Inch chefs knives, santoku, a cleaver, a filleting knife and 1 scalloped and one serrated bread knife plus a steel on a magnetic rack ideally all Global G series (the weighted angled handle)

A gas hob with a proper wok burner in the centre (think small jet engine as the reason chinese food is a pain to do well is the temps) 4 separate burners for pan work plus a wide burner so I can do glazing and gravies from a roasting pan.

Racks for the pans above the central work station.

2 ovens, (ideally the top oven would be a combo oven/grill/microwave)

A Medium or large BGE smoker with the work tray the rack system all the optional grill levels and the pizza stone.

A magimix in the black, a kitchenaid in black.with a custom paint job with all the accessories.

A full drawer set laid out and organised for my kitchen utensils. Each drawer lined with each tool having its place. A set of basic tools (spatula, spoon etc) in heat proof silicone and wood.

A set of graters (the microphone hand grater small medium and large and a box grater with the collection tub)

A spice rack of tins hung on the backs of cupboard doors.

A proper expresso machine with the hot milk foamer along with a proper coffee pot. A decent modern pressure cooker, a good and stable deep fryer, a set of grinders one for herbs one for coffee

And one for spices.

A good slow cooker, good blender. My drinks cabinet being on pull out drawer from a cupboard so everything is accessible without emptying the who cabinet. Same for sauces marinades and bottles.

I want a fridge freezer with ice maker and filtered water on demand.

I want a proper toaster setup to do bagels and pain and everything else I'd throw at it.

A good set of four chopping boards, slate, bamboo, hardwood and plastic.

Pouring bottles for all my oils and the custom mixing measuring setup a lot on brown has in 'Good Eats'.

I want the layouts to be so I have a central worktop and the hob in the centre of the kitchen with sinks ovens and apiaries round the outside walls.

I want the thing to have an overhead light over my work station and I want it all low enough I can work off a stool.

Oh and I want one of the moveable hose type head setups as part of the sink. I want my measuring stuff to include a full set of bar style jiggers, a set of easing spoons in metal and plastic, my standard jugs to be lab style glassware so they are heat resistant. I want a proper high powered cooking blowtorch.

And I want a proper pain maker that I can use as an electric grill as well as a proper hotplate. But my kettle has to be an on the hob kettle.

Not that iv thought about this allot or anything but if anyone was to buy me my perfect kitchen they would become very very spoiled very quickly and would probably end up about thirty stone as I would be quite happy to cook for them every day.

My dream kitchen is a truly scary amount.

Full pan set in cast iron, 3 enammelled saucepans, 2 cast iron flat lodge style skillets, a proper wok, a set of copper pans for sauces, a saucier pan for sauté work, a cast iron enammled crock pot and one that isn't enammelled. A single non stick or high end aliminium pan for doing eggs in.

A paring knife, 6 and 8 Inch chefs knives, santoku, a cleaver, a filleting knife and 1 scalloped and one serrated bread knife plus a steel on a magnetic rack ideally all Global G series (the weighted angled handle)

A gas hob with a proper wok burner in the centre (think small jet engine as the reason chinese food is a pain to do well is the temps) 4 separate burners for pan work plus a wide burner so I can do glazing and gravies from a roasting pan.

Racks for the pans above the central work station.

2 ovens, (ideally the top oven would be a combo oven/grill/microwave)

A Medium or large BGE smoker with the work tray the rack system all the optional grill levels and the pizza stone.

A magimix in the black, a kitchenaid in black.with a custom paint job with all the accessories.

A full drawer set laid out and organised for my kitchen utensils. Each drawer lined with each tool having its place. A set of basic tools (spatula, spoon etc) in heat proof silicone and wood.

A set of graters (the microphone hand grater small medium and large and a box grater with the collection tub)

A spice rack of tins hung on the backs of cupboard doors.

A proper expresso machine with the hot milk foamer along with a proper coffee pot. A decent modern pressure cooker, a good and stable deep fryer, a set of grinders one for herbs one for coffee

And one for spices.

A good slow cooker, good blender. My drinks cabinet being on pull out drawer from a cupboard so everything is accessible without emptying the who cabinet. Same for sauces marinades and bottles.

I want a fridge freezer with ice maker and filtered water on demand.

I want a proper toaster setup to do bagels and pain and everything else I'd throw at it.

A good set of four chopping boards, slate, bamboo, hardwood and plastic.

Pouring bottles for all my oils and the custom mixing measuring setup a lot on brown has in 'Good Eats'.

I want the layouts to be so I have a central worktop and the hob in the centre of the kitchen with sinks ovens and apiaries round the outside walls.

I want the thing to have an overhead light over my work station and I want it all low enough I can work off a stool.

Oh and I want one of the moveable hose type head setups as part of the sink. I want my measuring stuff to include a full set of bar style jiggers, a set of easing spoons in metal and plastic, my standard jugs to be lab style glassware so they are heat resistant. I want a proper high powered cooking blowtorch.

And I want a proper pain maker that I can use as an electric grill as well as a proper hotplate. But my kettle has to be an on the hob kettle.

Not that iv thought about this allot or anything but if anyone was to buy me my perfect kitchen they would become very very spoiled very quickly and would probably end up about thirty stone as I would be quite happy to cook for them every day.

All that and no Sous Vide?

Good list though.

I just checked ebay. Actual laboratory grade borosilicate glass equipment is quite reasonably priced. Set of 5 beakers and a 1 litre erlenmeyer for less than 20 quid delivered. (Brand new, obviously)

Borosilicate glass is the *suitcase*. It ###### all over lime soda glass from a great height.

When I was a kid, before puberty transformed me into a grotesque (and when I had hair), I strongly resembled Beaker.  There is an argument that both my father and brother resemble Bunsen.

Me me me.

I used to have a tea mug made of a lab-grade beaker with a glass handle grafted onto the side, I loved it until it was smashed.

*sigh*

Archived