Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, what did I do?

I tend to make people feel uncomfortable with really inappropriate comments but you can't really tell that from a picture...

Also, thanks for the comment about the weight loss.

You should see the "before/after" in the new year's resolution thread, I was in a bad way.

You look well 'ard. nuff said.

I'm like a smartie.

Hard looking but squishy and soft on the inside.

Also, I do have eyebrows but they are skin coloured, the sunburn on my head has taken away all the contrast.

I posted that on facebook and got  a flurry of "smile" posts.

I am smiling,  about as much as I ever do.

My resting face is a bit miserable.

A battery case for 4 C-cells is slightly smaller than a G3 mag, which means I can rig a 8 C-cell power pack for any post-nuclear project in a vinyl G3 mag pouch (I liked the look and they cost me bubkes, so I bought two), and since the pouches are doubles, I can use the second one for some sort of additional electronics.

Got another "Thank you" card from someone in the company today. It means £5 tax free on my next payslip but more importantly good moods from my management, and something to take advantage of when they sort my Shift Leader interview.

I also jumped in and helped the kitchen out today, showing I'm versatile and prepared to help out in any way I can.

Watched Thor last night and throughly enjoyed it (I love Norse mythology so I was also enjoying that interpretation). Got the first Avengers ready for either tonight or more likely tomorrow.

Going on holiday tomorrow.

10 days in Tunisia.

I am told that we are going on an excursion quad biking in the desert.

It's good fun, did it a few years and another lifetime ago.

Whereabouts are you staying?

*badger*s to the camels, quads are controllable. Most of the time.

That's where I stayed, I enjoyed it.

You can also do a day trip to where they filmed the tatooine scenes for Star Wars. It's a trek, but do-able. I didn't get to as the ex got food poisoning so we had to cancel :(

We arranged it with a local cabbie/fixer type guy which was way cheaper than the tour. Would have probably got robbed and left for dead in the desert, but meh!

One trip out, we had two guys in A+E. One got his foot caught in the wheel when landing and dislocated it, another tried to avoid a collision at high speed and was flung off in front of the other, who promptly turned his right arm into a 7 hour jigsaw puzzle for the doctors as he rode over him.

Good times!

*badger*s to the camels, quads are controllable. Most of the time.

That's where I stayed, I enjoyed it.

You can also do a day trip to where they filmed the tatooine scenes for Star Wars. It's a trek, but do-able. I didn't get to as the ex got food poisoning so we had to cancel :(

We arranged it with a local cabbie/fixer type guy which was way cheaper than the tour. Would have probably got robbed and left for dead in the desert, but meh!

You dodged a bullet, as a life-long Star Wars fan I can tell you that trip is utter *suitcase*.

You dodged a bullet, as a life-long Star Wars fan I can tell you that trip is utter *suitcase*.

Thanks.

I was so, so keen to go too. I am also a lifelong starwars fan...

Happy, I made myself twice-cooked chips tonight. They were god-like, if I do say so myself!

Saw a chavvy little scrote cycling down the pavement today.

No hands riding, they were stuffed in his tracksuit pockets.

I would have cried with laughter if I saw him drop it. How stupid can you be?

Twice cooked? What makes them so good?

No idea how the magic happens!

I followed a guide from the Internet, cut them thick rinsed the starch out and shallow fried them in oil for about 6 minutes on med-high heat - took them off before they start to brown.

Dried them on kitchen paper and the threw them back in on max heat until they went golden. First time I've done it and they were lovely.

Google it, also triple cooked chips. There's a whole science behind it!

Twice cooked is the way forward! 

I sometimes parboil the chips before they go in the fryer the first time too.. Apparently you can also freeze them inbetween a stage (boiling > 1st fry I think) for that added fluffyness maybe I'll try it one day! 

Archived