Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pfft Pro Airsoft Supplies proper *fruitcage*ed me on an "upgrade". 

Asked them to install a high torque motor, gearset and mosfet. No problem. 

Took the gun in, was told they didn't actually have any of the parts but could install the mosfet (that I supplied) and did me a good deal on a g&p motor.

At the end of the week I rung ahead to check that it was all ok to pick up after work. They didn't know what I was talking about until the bloke on the phone saw my gun lying around.

Anyway I ended up picking up the gun the next day, took it home to shoot (the day before a skirmish) to find that they'd installed the mosfet in such a way that it was putting pressure on the hop up unit, giving it a max range of 10m. And the motor was pretty disappointing as well.

Lesson learnt - the tech's at PAS can do one.

I got it upgraded by AoD instead who is THE MAN. :)

I had a rifle in at Swindon Airsoft for 9 months and they didn't do anything at all.

Literally one dodgy wire needed replacing, and they didn't get round to it until I went in and asked what was what. Stood in the shop til they did it. Rifle packed up completely three games later, but meh.

Tech certainly seems to be a lot more miss than hit with airsoft.  If you find a good one, lucky you.  I took a gun into a well known shop, explained the problem, showed them the issue which was visible from the outside.  Picked it up a few weeks later 'all fixed' looked at the visible problem and it was exactly the same.  They managed to fix it second time round though I suppose.

So what makes me happy is for the last couple of months I've been bitching about not being able to get UKARA or site membership - all this time an old skirmisher mate of mine has been working an at an airsoft shop, so can sort me out. And its payday tomorrow ;)

I want to ask what mtg cards are, but fear the question will cause this thread to spiral into several pages of games workshop babble...

They are to do with little tiny model men and 20-sided dice, aren't they...

And sweaty men with beards.

I still need to learn how to airsoft tech. Fortunately I've a G&G Raider gearbox I can play with as it was my first rifle and a lovely two tone stock and receiver so don't really fancy keeping it functional (might eventually swap out the badly sprayed two tone and get a nice barrel/RIS for it to keep as a lender gun or something that will just work though).

What made me happy is today I basically did cash for the open. Counted all the till inserts, the safes, processed the fruit machine collection and banked it. Was interesting learning new stuff and it puts me off to a great start for getting my cash handling training signed off so I can take over as the opening manager if all goes well next Thursday.

I want to ask what mtg cards are, but fear the question will cause this thread to spiral into several pages of games workshop babble...

They are to do with little tiny model men and 20-sided dice, aren't they...

And sweaty men with beards.

Its like chess with reading and math and a smidge of chance.

I have still to many cards to buy lol

Archived