Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Ah, them were the days.

Reading the manual on the bus on the way home from town, so when you started the game you had the back story and controls sorted so the first half of the game didn't have to be hand holding tutorials.

Yes.

Except there was a game I was so stoked to play. Was a RTS years ago that I can't remember but my OS (which at best was XP) was too good for it to run...it really upset me as the manual had all the units etc.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Earthsiege 2 was a personal favourite.

I'd play it two player and 11 year old me would sit there and my brother was 'gunnery officer' and do all the shooting while I drove it with the joystick. Endless hours of fun.

That's a game that needs a remake. Giant walking mechs fighting on the moon? Yes please.

They are awesome to see in the air. I lived near donny for a little while and got to see the one that got salvaged.

I would love to see one in the air but unfortunately if anyone wants to see her airborne it'll have to be this year as she won't be flying after 2015

I bought my first pc (256k ram, 40mb hd 386sx25 ) to play xwing. Er, I mean do my college work. Xwing was a phenomenal game. But did need a decent joystick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My first PC had 16k of RAM and a 12 Mb HDD

Amazeballs.

Earthsiege 2 was a personal favourite.

I'd play it two player and 11 year old me would sit there and my brother was 'gunnery officer' and do all the shooting while I drove it with the joystick. Endless hours of fun.

That's a game that needs a remake. Giant walking mechs fighting on the moon? Yes please.

My brother and I used to do this with X-Wing and Tie Fighter and X-Wing vs Tie Fighter.

He's fly, I would "navigate".  Basically I'd operate the keyboard, switching shields managing power, arming weapons and such.

In later games also operating the tractor beam and firing chaff and flares.

Archived