Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems strange that they don't enforce stuff like that because I could see it causing g problems when they go operational 

Nail on head.  

That's why Regulars don't tend to like reservists.  I don't care personally, because I'm happy to deploy as a BCR to a regular unit so it won't affect me.  But Cameron's great idea of replacing soldiers with reservists is failing massively, hence the current trend of backpeddling and offering cash incentives to get ex regulars to sign back up (I'm not doing this *suitcase* for free)  including, unbelievably, people that got thrown out in the redundancies.

Darkchild

So I was waiting outside mine from about 8:20 and the dude came out to ask if I was waiting to come into the store. As I said yes he asked what I was after and I started saying I'd heard about their allocation and he knew instantly. I had to pay £40 too but that's less to pay on the day (or day before as apparently they allow payment the previous day). So now I can go to the Midnight Launch with one of my best mates and probably go back to his and watch him play/crash round his for the night. Can't wait to get my PC out so I can work out what GPU I can fit in it or if its worth upgrading the MoBo and Processor too. Ideally need a new screen and headset too as my current monitor is a measly 19 inches.

Also Black Hawk Down was on the other night. Really revived the old school kit love (GBBR/Recoil XM117 anyone? DELTAAAA!!).

Most importantly though family are coming up tomorrow. Not seen them since March so it'll be nice to see them and show them I'm no longer in a crack den.

My TV is my laptop screen. HDMI cable ftw

TV is a shotty 36" flatscreen

My laptop is an ancient Advent about 15.4 inches.

Knew I should've taken the 36 inch Sony Bravia my dad offered me a year or so ago, didn't really have the room though.

And new loadout time is fun times.

I offered that fact without comment for that very reason.

The Regular RE guys learn it is 10 days as part of a 4.5 month course.  Other machines give them transferable skills.

The idea is that the course gives them the basics and then in-unit training gives them the polish.

Obviously that varies depending on the quality of their troop staff.

On my commute to work today I saw a silver car with a "Zombie Outbreak Response Team" decal on the drivers door, and a "Tactical Airsoft" decal on the boot. 

Northampton doesn't have an airsoft scene to speak of as we have no sites, and I thought I knew all the local players...

When I do chili I put it in the slow cooker before work and leave it all day so it's ready to eat as soon as I get back.

There's no way I could sit and smell it for 4 hours.

I do sample it while cooking!

Also, I had to nip in to the office for a 1900 meeting so lost 2 hours there.

I acually don't mind cooking like that though, I play the long game. My bourgignon takes about 3 hours and I spend time nurturing that and keeping it from burning. I get proud over decent meals I cook.

I also fire up a load of trance and get *suitcase* faced on the pretence of cooking :P

I know that sort of compromise..

Just moved into a flat with the missus. She wanted scatter cushions on all the seats and candles dotted around the place and I didn't... so as a compromise we have scatter cushions on all the seats and candles *fruitcage*ing everywhere!

On the bright side though it's nice to be away from parents and I had my way with the TV/Sound/Media Set up! 

I don't care about it, and the gf wants to so as a compromise we're going.

It's a frigging dump. I work it.

Please beach now charges even to just wander round, the seafront is ok and quite new, but it really isn't a nice place. Minging guest houses/hotels and shops.

It's a rotten husk of what it was.

Maybe I'm jaded though, hope you find something nice to do :)

Whereabouts in Preston are you going?

I hate all that.  Our house is mostly entirely functional, with my wife's tastes (gothic) expressed on the walls and with ornaments etc.  The furniture is all pretty basic, no extra cushions or whatever, lots of storage space for entertainment.

Nothing worse than woman clutter.  I'd live in an empty house with just my bed and a playstation in it, if it were entirely up to me.

Darkchild

I hate all that.  Our house is mostly entirely functional, with my wife's tastes (gothic) expressed on the walls and with ornaments etc.  The furniture is all pretty basic, no extra cushions or whatever, lots of storage space for entertainment.

Nothing worse than woman clutter.  I'd live in an empty house with just my bed and a playstation in it, if it were entirely up to me.

Darkchild

You and me both.. Less is more in my eyes. She agrees to a degree, but everynow and then slips into full on woman clutter mode. 

I guess I chose to live with her and so must suffer the consequences.. Can't expect to win everything! :P

It's a frigging dump. I work it.

Please beach now charges even to just wander round, the seafront is ok and quite new, but it really isn't a nice place. Minging guest houses/hotels and ###### shops.

It's a rotten husk of what it was.

Maybe I'm jaded though, hope you find something nice to do :)

Whereabouts in Preston are you going?

We're staying in the Ibis at Preston North (cause it was well cheap), but the wedding were going to is at Haighton Manor.

I was in Blackpool last night for a stand up comedy night. It was actually pretty good, but the place was a dive! I felt like I was going on an episode of Pheonix Nights. I also knew I wouldn't get rinsed by the comedians because half the crowd looked like they had just come from the set of Jeremy Kyle so they were much easier targets than me.

It is a dump though.

Preston is also a dump for the most part, with surprisingly nice bits. It's like someone hiding gems in a overflowing portaloo. If you want to get to them, you have you go through all the *suitcase*.

I don't care about it, and the gf wants to so as a compromise we're going.

Yeah, I have a house full of wife-compromise furniture, ornaments, pictures, paint colours and such.

I actually referred living in my army bunk.  I could see everything I owned at once from the chair in the corner.

Orderly.

Archived