Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eBay. Bought a couple of things recently, and had brilliant customer service.

One item I ordered incorrectly, totally my fault, and I emailed them asking if the correct item was what I wanted, and they sorted the correct item and return postage from their end. Didn't expect it, offered to pay as it was my error and was told no :)

Second item was ordered around 1500 today. Received an apologetic message that the guy couldn't get it posted today, and it would go out 1st class tomorrow morning.

I paid a fiver and it was listed as free postage. I was expecting it in a week or so.

Some people on eBay are nice!

No. It's outdated and not worth any reasonable money these days. Also, puzzlingly, you don't mention the CPU, which, judging from the rest of the config, is either a Pentium 4 or some ancient Core2Duo.

You will have a hard time running Fallout New Vegas on it, and I seriously doubt that Fallout 4 will even start.

Also, don't buy second-hand computers. Them being outdated ###### is actually a best case scenario. Imagine the worst.

Cpu is probably some sort of I5 based thing based on what was in the last lot he built for the Lan Centre.

Buying it second hand from THIS seller doesn't scare me as it's buying a machine from a Lan Centre I play at semi regularly but yeah I get your point wrt second hand pc's. Some of the machines iv had come to me or my dad for software problems scare me. I swear I found a dead mouse in one once when he opened the case up.

The case is nice enough in terms of space and cooling, there's a 500gb hard drive in it and the PSU is big enough and reliable enough to run a much nicer gpu (he had a gtx660 in it but got offered something stupid for the card to sell it separate to the machine)

For the new build I was looking at Case, HDD and PSU was roughly going to total £150ish

Corsair 200r - 50 or nzxt s340 - 57

Either evga atx12v/eps12v 33 or the corsair cx600m - 61

250gb ssd 67 - 75 depending on if I go crucial vs Samsung.

This is what I hate about upgrading I end up bloody second guessing myself.constantly with specs and the more I read the more confused I end up getting.

Doesn't help the specs for FO4 seem to be making my friends relatively high end machines cringe.

Just gotta keep sticking £€¥$ to one side for now and see what I'm dealing with after payday.

In answer to what made me smile watching a video of a flat billed hat wearing switchblade wielding tool get tasted repeatedly. Protip when an officer is holding you at bug zapper point calling him a 'faggot *albatross* *beep* who won't dare pull the trigger' is probably a good way to get a free chance to ride the lightning.

Cpu is probably some sort of I5 based thing based on what was in the last lot he built for the Lan Centre (he had a gtx660 in it but got offered something stupid for the card to sell it separate to the machine).

That's the dumbest thing someone can do, rip out an important part and replace it with two toothpicks and a length of twine. You'd end up with a big costly brick that would require you to plunk down around half of its value to get it back to working condition (a GTX960 or 970 would set you back 200 to 300 quid).

Hell, with a GTX660, you'd be able to play Fallout 4 without major problems, if on low detail settings.

Doesn't help the specs for FO4 seem to be making my friends relatively high end machines cringe.

Really? While the recommended specs sound a tad loony, what with the i7 CPU, the minimums were around my pre-upgrade config. Considering that the previous time I upgraded was some four years ago, and right now all I replaced was the video card, I don't understand the panic.

In answer to what made me smile watching a video of a flat billed hat wearing switchblade wielding tool get tasted repeatedly. Protip when an officer is holding you at bug zapper point calling him a 'faggot *albatross* *beep* who won't dare pull the trigger' is probably a good way to get a free chance to ride the lightning.

THAT IS DELIGHTFUL.

Do you live near your parents? If so, bonus time.

Hhhmmmmm alcohol. Let's get a bit. . . sake time. . .

Ha nah I live about 2 hours away all in but I keep all my airsoft gubbins there so it works out.

SC - Aren't you based in the South West?.. This interests me.

If you type "Holy Trinity East Grimstead" into maps you can see the quarry just south east of the Church. It's not a massive area so be interesting to see what they do with it - if anything at all. BTW Swindon Airsoft have opened a cqb site in Gloucester which looks pretty cool.

Yah, seen the Swindon Airsoft - i'm not sure if they have any affiliation with Swindon Airsoft shop, if the site is ran as badly as the shop i'm not interested.

But hey ho, best give it a go.

Unfortunately i'm rarely actually anywhere in England, let alone the South. Mostly smashing up CQC in the local city.

Haha.. Im currently caseless on my iPhone not entirely sure why I just took it off and forgot to put it on when I left the house.. Feels so naked and dangerous! Hope to god I don't have to post in the negative thread reporting a broken iPhone screen! I've never cracked one and intend to keep it that way! Touch wood!

Live on the edge, let it be free and naked.  Phone designers spend millions on the aesthetics of phones and then people go and stick them in cases so you can't even appreciate the looks.  Of course some people require some extra protection if their job can be a bit dangerous to phones I suppose.  Mine lives in my pocket, on my desk or in my car dock so I use it sans case.

What I don't get is all these people with iPhones with incredibly poorly applied screen protectors on.  A casual glance at peoples phones (with the majority being iPhones) on the tube and if 90% of the screens aren't cracked, they have a nasty screen protector on with all kinds of *suitcase* under them.  How to make a £700 phone look like you found it in a bin.

Ha nah I live about 2 hours away all in but I keep all my airsoft gubbins there so it works out.

If you type "Holy Trinity East Grimstead" into maps you can see the quarry just south east of the Church. It's not a massive area so be interesting to see what they do with it - if anything at all. BTW Swindon Airsoft have opened a cqb site in Gloucester which looks pretty cool.

My 2nd cousin lives in Farley.

125 quid saved this month, despite electricity bill.

Maybe I'll get myself an electric shaver. Beard

Fixed it.

Haha.. Im currently caseless on my iPhone not entirely sure why I just took it off and forgot to put it on when I left the house.. Feels so naked and dangerous! Hope to god I don't have to post in the negative thread reporting a broken iPhone screen! I've never cracked one and intend to keep it that way! Touch wood!

The only time I broke a screen on my Motorolas is from repeatedly smacking the phone on a table..

I had an OtterBox befor, decent but now have just a "condom", much slimmer.

I have an immaculately fitted tempered glass screen protector in addition to the Magpul case. Worth keeping my phone in good nick as I just got 115 quid for my old s4 when I traded it in for game credit.

On an unrelated note, I'm also currently shitfaced from drinking mojito and long Island iced tea fishbowls.

Archived