Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yarp, much swearing.

Also, managed to drill out the bolt that holds the drivers door handle in, so i can put a circlip on the back of the lock barrel so it doesn't come out with the key anymore.

WHY WAS IT REVERSE THREADED? WHY?

IT'S THE ONLY THING ON THE ENTIRE CAR THAT IS REVERSE THREADED!

Stunt do you want to do all my cable management for my silly pc build?

Also... The boy has finished his latest amv project so now I get to cuddle and listen to him be happy rather than swearng about people who promise to do stuff and then do *fruitcage* all and still whine about the fact X project hasn't been done.

Sure thing.

Where do you live?

I have had time off so I got even more obsessive about it recently.

I got round SATA cables the correct length and fitted them.

The cooling fans in my 3 x 5.25" bay to 5 x 3.5" drive backplane were absolute gash so I built a hot glue and cardboard enclosure that holds a proper case fan.

I also cut out the unnecessary 4 pin 12v/5v Molex connectors in the cable I was using, soldered and heat shrink covered them.

Looks better now.

20160401_115912_zpswy72rwpx.jpg

20160401_115937_zpsj1o9chua.jpg

20160401_123706_zpszvn549lz.jpg

20160401_125348_zpspzkrqv9c.jpg

20160401_130920_zpsmt90rgrr.jpg

20160401_120023_zps5ftlg4ch.jpg

20160401_180005_zpsljyarty6.jpg

20160401_175933_zps1qn9glu0.jpg

20160401_181704_zpsjopjhfni.jpg

I got carried away.

It's just a lowly NAS server.

I am exhasted today because my mate brought his bike round and I did a full service ot it.

Then.

I made custom length Cat6 cables and custom length power cables for my new router and WAP.

My Virgin Media Superhub is in modem mode all my network gear was selected rather than given to me with no choice.

I have a nice light commercial grade Wireless Access Point and a decent 8 port router.

I set the modem up in a cupboard in the living room and I have Cat 6 going all over the house under the floors.

All the network gear is in a cupboard in the spare room and there are no trailing leads.

I have full Ethernet to the WAP (with power over Ethernet injection through the attic), my main PC, the dock for my laptop and to the NAS.

So happy.

20160402_211742_zpscdwhlcg8.jpg

Sorry this one isn't in landscape format, the subject is tall and narrow and in a cupboard so there is no room to move back.

20160402_211430_zpszfe1i3et.jpg

So I managed to sort out roaming issues and make some initial arrangements for my training in Brussels. While I'm not at all happy that I need to get up at *fruitcage* you o'clock, wheel my *albatross* to the airport at the buttcrack of dawn and wander through downtown Brussels like a zombie in search of a decent breakfast, I have some six hours between touching down and the training proper. Which means I'll be able to take a selfie with Manneken Pis, grab something to eat, get to the hotel, leave my stuff, find some early lunch and be more or less functional come afternoon.

Archived