Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. When it comes to MOT time, you don't do a pre service? Just think *fruitcage* it and book it in?

An engine swap would be pretty high on the list of things I think I wouldn't even contemplate DIY heh.

I'd do it, but I'd take a few days off work to do it, over the summer, and get a proper engine hoist to do it with.

Me too

Me three.

Out of interest, how easy is it for a mechanically unsmart chap to put a Ford Puma engine in a Fiesta? :D

Either totally easy and a wonderful first step along the road to becoming mechanically smart that you will remember fondly for the rest of your life.

Or

Literally impossible and you will want to burn it or sell it at a huge loss just so you never have to look at it again.

Either totally easy and a wonderful first step along the road to becoming mechanically smart that you will remember fondly for the rest of your life.

Or

Literally impossible and you will want to burn it or sell it at a huge loss just so you never have to look at it again.

I have experienced both of these emotions with the corrado, and still do, equally.

Do it!

Fords are dead easy to work on. I swapped an alternator on my focus on the side of the road with just hand tools, and half the job was in the dark.

Crack on!

Also, browse forums, someone may have already done it and you may gain useful insight :)

:) I figure it'll be a fun project, the engine's supposedly a drop-in fit, just need to make sure all the tubes and pipes and *suitcase* go where they should.

Although I'm pretty sure the underside of the fiesta is 99% rust by this point so I might make that the first project actually; see if I can sand the rust down and apply a protective coating of some kind.

Driving without insurance is seriously not something to brag about.

It's all fun and games until your catastrophic stupidity leads to devastating consequences!

Driving uninsured is functionally just as f***ing stupid as driving drunk, high, or unlicensed. F*** people who put a tiny amount of personal convenience above the safety and security of others, which in case you were in any doubt, means you, Skarclaw. I hope your award from the internet takes the form of a potentially unlimited fine and a disqualification from driving.

just need to make sure all the tubes and pipes and *suitcase* go where they should.

That's all being a mechanic is.

If you need any tools let me know, I have loads.

To be fair it didn't come accross to me as though he'd done it intentionally.

Heck, I've accidentally forgotten about the MoT before!

That's not even a problem.

You just get it back dated to when it was supposed to expire.

I was in a car crash at school, driver was uninsured.

Lots of people were really upset about that, the other kid's parents sued the estate of the kid who was driving.

Turns out the kid's parents told him he was insured, the car was a cut and shut 205 GTi that they bought him.

I didn't bother suing, I was just happy to survive.

At least they died before the fire started.

That's all being a mechanic is.

If you need any tools let me know, I have loads.

That's not even a problem.

You just get it back dated to when it was supposed to expire.

I was in a car crash at school, driver was uninsured.

Lots of people were really upset about that, the other kid's parents sued the estate of the kid who was driving.

Turns out the kid's parents told him he was insured, the car was a cut and shut 205 GTi that they bought him.

I didn't bother suing, I was just happy to survive.

At least they died before the fire started.

Right. Been fighting it, but want to ask...

Mind sharing details, or should I shut the *fruitcage* up?

Guessing the fact you mentioned it allowed curiosity, apologies if not ;)

I saw the Manneken Pis. I had a few beers and of course the famous Belgian chocolate. Nobody blew me up.

And the poor sods from CEN (the organization my workplace cooperates with) are just as exasperated with EC's idiocy as we are.

Archived