Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The charging socket on my trusty X220 has borked.

I could repair it fairly easily.

Or.

I could upgrade the MoBo with an i7 3520M MoBo from an X230 for under £200.

Or.

I could plug it into the Ultradock and give it to my wife who only uses her laptop in one location anyway.  Then buy a lovely new Lenovo S2 Thinkpad Yoga 12.

Oh wait, I already did that.  It's in the post.

The charging socket on my trusty X220 has borked.

I could repair it fairly easily.

Or.

I could upgrade the MoBo with an i7 3520M MoBo from an X230 for under £200.

Or.

I could plug it into the Ultradock and give it to my wife who only uses her laptop in one location anyway.  Then buy a lovely new Lenovo S2 Thinkpad Yoga 12.

Oh wait, I already did that.  It's in the post.

I've been looking at getting one of those.. where did you find it for the best price? 

I've been looking at getting one of those.. where did you find it for the best price? 

Scan.co.uk

£700 for the top spec 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i7 5600U with FHD Wacom touchscreen.

Literally £400 cheaper than the next cheapest place.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/125-lenovo-thinkpad-yoga-12-2in1-ultrabook-fhd-ips-touchscreen-26ghz-i7-5600u-8gb-ddr3-256gb-ssd-win

Scan.co.uk

£700 for the top spec 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i7 5600U with FHD Wacom touchscreen.

Literally £400 cheaper than the next cheapest place.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/125-lenovo-thinkpad-yoga-12-2in1-ultrabook-fhd-ips-touchscreen-26ghz-i7-5600u-8gb-ddr3-256gb-ssd-win

That's a bloody awesome price!! Next month im getting one!! Thanks dude!

Managed to bag myself a S.O.G Mini Aegis for half the RRP... It's a nice little knife I couldn't refuse! If only it wasn't a lock knife and i could have it as my EDC!

Always found SOG knives to be sub-par.

May be a silly question after saying that, but how's yours?

Edit, there are tons of knives 'legal' for EDC. If you need a locker, then carry it. Because you need it for 'x'! Reasonable excuse covered :)

Always found SOG knives to be sub-par.

May be a silly question after saying that, but how's yours?

Edit, there are tons of knives 'legal' for EDC. If you need a locker, then carry it. Because you need it for 'x'! Reasonable excuse covered :)

Ill be honest with you, I like it. It's a nice size blade and is real light. I was also a bit apprehensive but after reading some reviews online I thought it was worth the punt. Still for £25 I would be pro for it! haha Can't comment on the long term wear of the thing though we will see as time goes!

As for an excuse, Im not sure my excuse is quite enough of a reason. I use a knife in the workshop most days to open part boxes etc.. I also like having a knife on me in the car in case of an accident and I need to cut the belt for whatever reason, I drive 100 miles a day so it's probably my strongest leg to stand on. But a regular knife or even a specific strap cutter could do that no need for locking realistically..

You are right though, there are tonnes of other knives out there for EDC.. i've got one in my day bag but this one is new and shiney so I wanna use it haha

£25 for an aegis is a good price!

I also like the edgie. Don't have one, but I think heinnies were selling them off for about £13 recently?

Anyway, I've always got a blade on me unless I'm asleep as a rule. Boker knives do great ones and are my usual carry choice. However I've got a german army knife (think SAK with olive scales) and that is a brilliant thing for £13.

I've got millions of knives though and rotate a few as a carry blade :)

Same. Pretty much dripping with knives 24/7. Bedside table always has a few on it!

linky

Endicotts have a great reputation. Buy with confidence. I got one of their Belgian jack knives too at the same time. Built like a tank but a bit stiff. Go for the super grade one if you want one.

I got one of the 'hand picked' GAK knives just for the saw blade cover. No extra and you get a good, clean knife too :)

Archived