Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

7be802a9d98afff1e987f715a4ba229a.jpg

Celebratory beer. Me and the corrodo have arrived in Ghent with zero issues.

All is well.

Also stunt, that were me wanting an ssd.

Tink, you're in Ghent?

That's my hometown, bud!

You MUST try the 'trollenkelder' at St. Jakobs

Loosely translated as troll's cellar ^^.

Has hundreds of beers.

If I was there I'd buy you one, but 'alas' I am tasting Champagne in northern France ^^

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160417/7be802a9d98afff1e987f715a4ba229a.jpg

Celebratory beer. Me and the corrodo have arrived in Ghent with zero issues.

Heh, I started my visit in Brussels last Tuesday with a Leffe too. Ended it with another Leffe since I was stuck at Zaventem airport for three hours and a bit.

Also on the drunk train this weekend.  Smashing it in Budapest.  Beer, go karting, strippers and guns.  I got to shoot a MK23 which was damn cool.  Slightly concerned about the cumulative hangover but still, amazing.  Great city.

I don't normally rate IBM/Lenovo laptops - they don't seem to have modernised the design much since the 70s and that little "mouse nipple" thing is beyond useless, just for a start.

The 2-in-1 design is a nice idea, though. Although I would miss the numeric keypad if I switched to a smaller laptop. Plus I can't afford anything with decent specs...

The thing is that the people who like them really like them.

When Lenovo went from the *30 series to the *40 series they ditched the physical buttons at the top of the track pad that you use when you are using the nipple mouse.

There was an outcry.

Used *30 laptops were holding their value in an insane way and Lenovo were getting slated all over the internet.

It rarely happens but a major company had to reverse a decision and retool their factories to put the buttons back on there for the *50 series..

You can buy a kit to retrofit the buttons to the *40 series and it sells like hot cakes apparently..

There is just a certain efficiency to being able to use a pointer from the home keys without moving your hands from the keyboard.

Bliss.

I was wondering the same thing.

Bought my fiancé a new fish tank as a surprise as the one we have is only a 15L and she would love a few more fish.. Doesn't really bother me but if she's happy im happy.

I've just set it up in the living room for its pre cycle before I head out to work, it's a bit bigger than I had imagined, all very well taking measurements but seeing it in the flesh makes it different haha still, it is actually a really nice looking tank and she'll love it.

I predict I'll have a very excited text around 1700 when she gets home.

Please tell me you know what you're doing regarding fish.

I had fish for some years, and I simply cannot believe how little people know about keeping them.

One single fancy goldfish can grow upto 20cm long and needs a 3 ft tank with a 140 litre capacity. Minimum. Yet shops are selling a handful of them with a 15l tank.

If they were selling cats in hamster cages, they'd be shut down but apparently fish aren't living creatures which deserve decent treatment....

Yeah I know what im doing don't worry!! We currently have 1 small black moor in the 15L which I had when I didn't know the info which is half the reason I've upgraded.. Upgrading now to a 250L tank. I plan on one more panda moor and a loach in there and it should be perfect. Considering getting some smaller minows or something whilst the fancy a grow but undecided.

I'll have to upgrade eventually but this will do for a while till they grow bigger.

I thought as much when you mentioned cycling the tank.

Black Moors are my favourite. Just be careful what you mix them with as they have poor eyesight and don't compete well for food.

Your poor little thing will be lost in a 250L tank from a 15L!

Might be worth keeping the small tank as a hospital tank or for emergencies, if you're not already going too.

I had a little mob of White Cloud Mountain Minnows in with the bigger fancies, they seemed to get on okay. I was looking at getting a loach too.

Sadly had to give up when we moved as there was no room for the tank in the new place - silver lining was that we're saving about £100 a year on the bills for not having to run filters, lights, heaters in the winter and coolers in the summer...

Fish are *not* the cheap and easy pet solution we were led to expect.

Yeah I love the Black Moors.. But the Panda Moor is pretty special too so it'd be nice to have that in there. A friend has a mixture of black and panda moors and they get on fine, the white cloud minnows are on my list too so it'll be a good mix I think.

He will be lost initially until I start to introduce some more fish in but going to let him settle first, don't want to shock him with too much change!

I will be keeping the 15L tank just in case definitely, worth it just in case.

You're right it's definitely not cheap.. But they're nice to have and it keeps her happy. My favourite part is the sound of the pump and trickling water, very peaceful.

I do miss the fish from time to time. They were fun to watch, very relaxing.

I don't miss the weekly tank cleaning, the daily water changes during heatwaves to try to stop the poor wee buggers from getting boiled alive, the constant water testing, the struggle to keep the one fish with swim bladder issues from floating forlornly upside down all the time, occasionally having minnows mysteriously vanish without a trace overnight, constantly having to replace the plants because either the fish stripped them bare or they just withered away....

Should have got a puppy in the first place!

Archived