Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Apparently fish aren't living creatures which deserve decent treatment....

There is a woman at work who is a vegetarian who eats fish.

"Jen, fish are made of meat".

"No they aren't."

"OK Jen, what are they made of?"

"Fish."

"Which is a kind of meat."

And on, and on and on for hours of arguing.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ten percent changes are a lot more work on a 250L tank - take up a lot more Tapsafe water treatment solution too...

I used to give them smushed-up pea almost daily - they liked it and it did help Wonky stay more upright. I eventually decided he just hatched with a defective swim bladder, as the littlest thing would set him all askew.

It was funny watching him swim though, as he kinda made banking turns due to his buoyancy issues...

If you're not aware of it already, I found http://www.fishkeeping.co.uk to be a great source of information.

There is a woman at work who is a vegetarian who eats fish.

Pescatarian then.

There's simply no logic to it. If you object to killing animals and eating them, fine that's your choice. But that falls apart if you're okay with killing some animals but not others.

"Oh, so it's only cute cuddly fluffy creatures you give a *suitcase* about?" is normally my response (or some variation thereof).

"Oh, so it's only cute cuddly fluffy creatures you give a *suitcase* about?" is normally my response (or some variation thereof).

That's the usual response with the "fur is evil" crowd when you spot the leather shoes on their feet.

I used to have white cloud mountain minnows in a long thin tank. My filter was set up to take from one end and trickle into the other giving them a bit of gentle flow to swim in and I had large pebbles for them to hide behind at night. They lived for years.

What filter are you using for your big new tank?

I had a Fluval U2 and a U3 in mine (kept the U2 from the smaller tank when upgrading). I wanted an external filter setup, but the cost was too high.

I found replacement sponges from eBay were just as effective as the branded ones and a hell of a lot cheaper.

I used to have white cloud mountain minnows in a long thin tank. My filter was set up to take from one end and trickle into the other giving them a bit of gentle flow to swim in and I had large pebbles for them to hide behind at night. They lived for years.

Yes, the minnows like a bit of a current as they're native to streams whereas the fancy goldfish prefer calmer waters.

I had my filters outputs aimed to create a current of sorts. If I'd been able to upgrade to the external filter setup then a better current could have been created.

It's tricky to get the conditions just right when you've got different breeds of fish in the same tank.

I always wanted to make a multi-tank system with different size tanks joined by pipes and things like a fish version of those rotastack hamster cages. Would have cost thousands, but been awesome.

Missed the fishy chat!

I loved mine, had trops for years. They lasted 4 house moves as I took diligent care of them. Phased them out though as the upkeep was getting silly when I was working away a lot.

Would love some more though. Would rather watch them than the TV a lot of the time!

Pescatarian then.

There's simply no logic to it. If you object to killing animals and eating them, fine that's your choice. But that falls apart if you're okay with killing some animals but not others.

I love her but she will argue all day that fish aren't animals.

Not a pescatarian - an idiot.

This is known as a Western Vegetarian which I view as rubbish.  Just eat the meat.

It's tasty and lets your muscles grow.

Yup.

Homemade chilli is glorious.

Well mine is.

Yours - we have no way of knowing for sure.

Yes, but that return call ties up more airtime than replying to the initial call ended with "over" would have.

Also, you need Prime. Next day shipping on pretty much everything.

Finding stuff that's not on Prime seriously puts me off buying it...

Totally depends on the situation and/or just how anal the RSO (Regt Signals Officer) and YofS (Yeoman fo Signals) are.

As for prime, shipping to camp never works correctly after it's all been sent to three or four different offices and then not picked up in the 2 hour window allocated to collections.

The above does not make me smile, however the whatsapp group is alive with "Lets go play on bikes!" and I have a hankering for lycra.

Archived