Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm, well as this is the 'happy' thread I have:

- Met a new girl

- Am in a strong, open relationship

- Have found a niche for my alternative life choices

- Come to terms with my sexuality

- Have a start up small business making 'toys'

- Not going any further as yeah, warn points

But yes I have had a very meaningful few months, along with a better job and living in my perfect city so all is good :D.

'FireKnife'

Hmm, I do always wonder when someone presents an odd name to me as their own.

Personally I just hear the explanation as the one Twist gives in Space: 'My parents were hippies'.

Makes sense to me. :P

Also the fact I have stable internet now, not helped by an ex flat-mate being as irritating as all hell :D.

'FireKnife'

Who calls their child Flick.  Come on. Also, I think the title person knew exactly what they were doing heh.

They probably did!

Flick is usually short for Felicity. No idea why, maybe shortened to felic, which sounds like flick?

Meh, who cares?

I've never met a Jack who was actually a John.

I've met Alex/Alexanders, Mick/Michaels, Jim/James (whether they like it or not, the plethora of Jim Kirk jokes available once you make that stick...) Cat/Catherines, Katy/Katherines, and one Fliss/Felicity.

Never a flick/felicity though.

Names are weird.

Also, anybody feeling left out for warning points just make a post going "Grammer isn't not importantest" and I'll see you feel better ;)

Since you mention it, Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean has always amused me - pirates were bloodthirsty murderers, by and large, and near-universally despised. Yet today they're seen quite differently.

In a few hundred years, will there be a Disney film about comical good natured IRA terrorists or ISIS Jihadis?

Names are silly.

We should all be assigned a number, so it's easier for the government to track us.

Already got one bro.

Jack is short for John. They're the same length. Go figure.

Not entirely in Europe John changed to Jackin in medieval times and then to Jack.

At the same time the French changed John to Jaques.

It's not so much an abbreviation as it is the same name in a different language.

Archived