Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since you mention it, Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean has always amused me - pirates were bloodthirsty murderers, by and large, and near-universally despised. Yet today they're seen quite differently.

In a few hundred years, will there be a Disney film about comical good natured IRA terrorists or ISIS Jihadis?

Actually a lot of pirates didn't kill that many people at all. Murdering was bad for business, and encouraged crews to put up a fight. 

Sore all over, but by far the best day I've had for over a year, even after accidentally locking myself out of my car.

Weather was okay for a day said to have rain, field was not completely flooded, and I got to see old and new folks alike whilst yelling random Russian words and for once actually hitting people.

If I find a goofy pic of me taken I will try to post it up with the photographer's permission.

Now I need more gear...

Another fun fact about the jolly rodger, the black version most people know about was usually raised as a warning that if the ship to be attacked surrendered immediately the crew would not be harmed. However if they resisted or tried to escape the black flag would be lowered and replaced by a red one which meant nobody on board would be spared

Most of modern medicine was born on the battlefield.

Are you getting cas-sim out?  There's an amazing group of people called 'Amputees in Action' who are all, as the name suggests, amputees of ex-military or civilian (motorbike accidents unfortunately) backgrounds.  They do some interesting training with fake limbs and lots of fake blood.  Really throws a spanner in the works when your boots stick to the ground due to all the "blood".

Today I learned how to deal with a sucking chest wound.

Apparently the northampton branch of a heating spares merchant is now a high stab risk location.

You fall chest-first on a piece of copper pipe and you'll have the suckingest of chest wounds.

Asherman chest-seals?

Balloon?

Packaging from an FFD?

Cigarette and a pistol with a single round?

Archived