Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In other news, my Somme 100 poppy pin arrived today:

0c585e88ee9f73eaabe3d46de74d471c.jpg

It's made from 100 year old shell fuses recovered from the Somme battlefields, the red centre is a unique red made from mixing enamel with soil from the battlefield and it has 'Somme 100' engraved on the back.

Each one is dedicated to a specific casualty (at random, you don't get any say in it and it doesn't seem related to where you are)

In the event you want one - only 20,000 are being made, apparently - they're available from http://www.poppyshop.org.uk. All profits go to the Poppy Appeal.

Okay, fine - what did they ask for instead?

I cant be *fruitcage*ed to spell it out to you - but they don't NEED to ask for anything. Sure he is taking a (very small, read the foi thread) risk but as I am using it to skirmish at a site with insurance it falls within the exemption, you ignorant bore.

You've got a serious attitude problem there.

If a seller sold you an RIF without having proof that you will use it "to skirmish at a site with insurance" then they are at risk of prosecution under the VCRA.

Edit - since you edited your post to remove the childish name calling, I've done the same.

Edit 2 - oh, you put it back again.

Yeah I have an attitude problem to presumptious people that suggest I 'shop' people...

Every seller is at risk of prosecution. The exemption would be defended in court.

If i wanted *suitcase* insults i'll download the deadpool movie, thanks.

Edit : and if it came to court i'd vehemently defend him. Honour.

Lol edit your post and add back the insult you got from blade 3

It wouldn't get to court if the seller was able to show the defence information beforehand.

But I'm sure *you* know better than everyone else in the UK airsoft community on this matter.

You'd defend him? How gracious of you, when your failure to provide evidence to prove the sale complies with the VCRA is what would have landed him in court in the first place.

Although I suppose if he didn't ask for it, that's his own fault to a point, but you could have provided it without being prompted. I do if I buy an RIF. It's only polite to save someone the risk - however small.

Yea I know better than most tbh, most assume that UKARA has a legal basis. 18 people have been convicted 2008-2015. Weekend before last I walked past a shop with RIFs and bongs in the window. A non issue, just a pain in the *albartroth* for legitimate skirmishers.

I've been skirmishing since 2003, and I'm looking forward to trying my new toy in 3 weeks time. Cheers

Yeah... I apologise as well - I'm just sick of people trying to buy RIFs without any consideration of the rules (although the recent Facebook ban has cut that down a lot); had one guy the other day literally laugh and say he'd just "get a mate to buy them" for him... Plus zeroin forums have a bit of a reputation for people being... less than scrupulous, shall we say?

I didn't mean to imply that you're not a legit buyer and airsofter - we all know that you are.

Is it actually your birthday? If so, I hope you had a good one.

Need booze, much booze, I hate being sober.

In other news I need a new plate carrier, helmet and time to go and play on 22 acres.

Then I need to finish a few mtg decks and attempt to go to a Gran Prix.

Then save as much as I can and hope to find a place cheap with a garage that is not in the ghetto.

Why I'm smiling you say? Tomorrow is payday.

But sadly I still have to work Friday and Saturday.

New coffee machine is the absolute tits.

Set a timer, coffee is made to the correct temperature ready for consumption.

Added bonus is the useless twazzock that is supposed to make coffee to the correct temperature ready for consumption doesn't know how to work the machine.  The machines are coming, and she has been replaced by one.

This is right up there with Party Rings as a minor victory.

Archived