Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an image of somewhat trying to jump through one, unsuccessfully, *fruitcage* it up, moving on to the next one and so and so forth.  Ending in standing in a room with £2K worth of trashed Dyson fans all over the place.

So like, three fans? ;)

Todays happy: The school where Mrs Tink is currently a supply teacher (due to having to leave her first school job since graduating due to horrible management and bullying) has offered her a job for maternity cover next year, which both means

1: a stable income (GREAT NEWS!)

2: a chance to complete her NQT year (must be done within 2 years of starting teaching, iirc) in a school that will actively support her (GREAT NEWS!)

4: what happened to 3!?

5: it'll count (come half term) as continued employment by a council, which is important because you need 18 months continous employment before you qualify for actually pretty damn decent maternity cover. (GREAT NEWS!)

6: We'll likely qualify for shared ownership schemes in the area where her new school is which means we'll finally get a change on the housing ladder (GREAT NEWS!)

BOOM! Great day. 

So like, three fans? ;)

Todays happy: The school where Mrs Tink is currently a supply teacher (due to having to leave her first school job since graduating due to horrible management and bullying) has offered her a job for maternity cover next year, which both means

1: a stable income (GREAT NEWS!)

2: a chance to complete her NQT year (must be done within 2 years of starting teaching, iirc) in a school that will actively support her (GREAT NEWS!)

4: what happened to 3!?

5: it'll count (come half term) as continued employment by a council, which is important because you need 18 months continous employment before you qualify for actually pretty damn decent maternity cover. (GREAT NEWS!)

6: We'll likely qualify for shared ownership schemes in the area where her new school is which means we'll finally get a change on the housing ladder (GREAT NEWS!)

BOOM! Great day. 

As a teacher who qualified overseas and has, for the last eight *fruitcage* months, been trying to wrestle the Scottish General Teaching Council into actually doing their *fruitcage* jobs, I am somewhat jelly.

However, tis great news, and much wishes of wellness and such. Top hole.

As a teacher who qualified overseas and has, for the last eight *fruitcage* months, been trying to wrestle the Scottish General Teaching Council into actually doing their *fruitcage* jobs, I am somewhat jelly.

Trust me, it's not been easy. The two terms she had in that first school very nearly broke her spirit. Being told you'd be responsible for a school going back into special measures isn't a fun thing. 

Saying that, squeaky wheel gets the grease. find someone even half willing to help and phone them every week until it gets sorted.

Then listen to this as it's loltastic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CLCOvZOh1o&feature=youtu.be NSFW!

I have a lot of friends and family that are teachers.  The stuff they tell me is insane.  It seems many schools management is an utter joke.  The latest thing is a padlock on the step ladder to stop people from using it that haven't been on a H&S ladder course...

Are you ###### me?

I have a lot of friends and family that are teachers.  The stuff they tell me is insane.  It seems many schools management is an utter joke.  The latest thing is a padlock on the step ladder to stop people from using it that haven't been on a H&S ladder course...

a step ladder? if you *fruitcage* that up you deserve to *fruitcage* fall from the vastly height of 4 *fruitcage* FEET!

Weve just got one of those automatic defibrilators at work. It's on the mounting bracket on the wall, just inside the workshop door. No padlock, or cabinet, or locked away or anything, and that could actually kill you (with it's massive payload of 10 duracell batteries...).

Hitman: Teaching is probably the hardest job you can do, mentally, outside of the forces and emergency services. My wife has been home in tears more than once because of ###### poor management, parents that don't care or don't understand that 10 years olds really really shouldn't be up till 2 in the morning playing the latest call of battlefield, kids that turn up to school and you find out they've not eaten anything since lunch yesterday, and their clothes probably haven't been washed in a few weeks.

Don't get me started on some of lives these children have had, either. Stories that have made me weep for children that aren't even mine, and I swear if I ever met some of these monsters I would gladly make them suffer a thousand times over. Gladly. And I'd take pleasure in doing it, and I'd offer myself up to the police afterwards and take whatever punishments were due because if you ever think that it's OK to physically harm children, if that happens, I will not come back and demand a

refund. I will not petition the constable. I will walk back to Imre this very night and set fire to your house. Then, when you run out the front door in your nightshirt and stockle-cap, I will kill you, cook you, and eat you. Right there on your lawn while all your neighbors watch.

Yep.  I couldn't do it for sure.  I'd find so much stuff impossible to tolerate. 

So much poor management is put down to 'heads having so much to do' What?  Like every person in a senior management position?  No excuse to continually half *albartroth* stuff.

And yeah.  I could not deal with the parents that are utter pond scum.  Coming in complaining to the school that the teachers are telling their children how bad smoking is when the parents smoke e.t.c.

Indeed.  The stuff that is borderline child abuse that teachers see and can do nothing about.  One that sticks in my mind is parents withholding prescribed medicine because they didn't agree with the doctors diagnosis.  Sorry.  Are you a *fruitcage* doctor?  No.  Then get *fruitcage*ed.  I'd lose my *suitcase*. 

Anyway, this is the happy thread.  This kind of a bit sad but a bit funny too.  It looks like Edmonds is going full on Alan Partridge.  Total nutter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36470979

Wait there is also a Scottish General Teaching Council? I support the Northern Ireland one and while the people seem nice enough it sounds like they have one of the worst red tape jobs ever, charge people to be on a system that makes no sense what so ever and is just a waste of time. If the Scottish equivalent is anything like it then I feel for you.

And as this is the happy thread, knowing that I have had a party arranged for me in a few weeks time plus airsoft, naughty fun and seeing friends planned for each of the next for weekends? Damn straight I am happy.

'FireKnife'

I gave up on teaching - only when I stopped did I realise I was drinking a bottle of wine per night.

Went to Afghanistan instead, much less stressful... ;)

Mrs Tink doesn't drink.

and doesn't drink tea or coffee either.

I have no idea how a teacher copes without wine and coffee in copious amounts.

Mrs Tink doesn't drink.

and doesn't drink tea or coffee either.

I have no idea how a teacher copes without wine and coffee in copious amounts.

I went to a school with a population of 1300.

All teachers and staff were on something alone with 50% of the school kids.

Boose, drugs, prescriptions because they can't concentrate.

Sure that can't because they are gacked out of their mind!

Surely running a bunch of those Dyson jobbies would be as expensive as running the AC?

Yes it is, but as the current civilian contractors have lost the repair bid (twice) it's now been upwards of 65 days, including today, that this has been reported. They have 21 days to action anything not deemed life threatening.

I'm gonna assume that since its the army, the air con is *fruitcage*ed and getting fans was easier than getting an air con engineer because paperwork.

We're not responsible* enough to have the control box for the temperature.  Which someone has lost.**

*See: Hoop jumping.

**See: Reasons we have to sign out kit.

I had some fun time playing GTA Online yesterday. Turns out that I can do pretty cool stuff with helicopters, as I managed to extract a VIP with one twice, get him to safety with the chopper still in one piece, and dodge if not take out the opposition.

Also, Bethesda gave me a reason to come back to Fallout 4 and reinstall Fallout Shelter.

Archived