Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Is that the place where they had Weebl and Bob?

That was the first flash animation I ever saw.

It feels like it was in the 90s.

Some nonsense about pies.  It was amusing but I seem to have forgotten all about it.

Anyway I am in Kenya teaching safe plant operation to the locals.

I am in a hotel that is OK at best and we are at 2000m so I am slightly out of breath.

It's not too hot but I have a blistering headache from the twice-failed root canal I currently have and everything is covered in dust.

It's pretty cool though.

Yes, weebl and bob (and later donkey and Hairy Lee.)

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Magical Trevor is from the same group, or got stuck in my head a few years back.

To the point where there's a Pink Floyd song that contains the lyric "Look at him now" (that I can't remember the name of right now). And rather than having the next line pop into my head, it is always followed by "Disappearing the cow". Which I'm pretty sure isn't what was recorded.

If Magical Trevor is from the same group, or got stuck in my head a few years back.

To the point where there's a Pink Floyd song that contains the lyric "Look at him now" (that I can't remember the name of right now). And rather than having the next line pop into my head, it is always followed by "Disappearing the cow". Which I'm pretty sure isn't what was recorded.

He's paler somehow.

From "Wearing the Inside Out" which is on "Division Bell", came out in March of 1994, I got it with my birthday money from my 17th birthday.

The joy of the first new Pink Floyd album to be released since I had heard of them was drowned out in the sadness of the deaths of Curt Kobain and Ayrton Senna.

Curt Kobain died within (feels like) a week and Ayrton a month later.

Happened roughly half way between the release of Vs and Vitalogy

These are the memories that formed me.

The conversation that Prof Sid Watkins had with Senna, after Rowland Ratzenberger death has always put a shiver down my spine. Not what was said, but the tone of the response.

Stopped watching formula 1 for a bit after Damon Hill was robbed in 1994 (wasn't a fan of him, due to still being a big Mansel fan).

Going to have to strip, clean and relube my gbb Scar-L this weekend. Oh the pain, the ppppaaaaaiijjijiinnnnn (I actually love it, but make out I don't to the other half, that way it's a chore and not 'alone time').

(I actually love it, but make out I don't to the other half, that way it's a chore and not 'alone time').

This is the big con of airsoft life. If the womenfolk ever catch on, we're all up *suitcase* creek.

How do you guys first like, raise the subject when you are seeing a girl? edit: or woman

I normally start off with my weirder (but more normal) hobbies like bushcraft and shooting etc and bring it up later.

also:

Dunno about you guys but I HATE "fiddling" with airsoft stuff. 

Sure putting together a molle set up or attaching accessories for the first time is fun but literally anything else I can't stand. In an ideal world I'd have everything in one massive bag that I could put in/ take out of my car boot. Am I boring? 

It's airsoft, not hardcore, no-safeword BDSM.

If/when the topic of sport comes up, where people say 'I'm on a five-a-side team' or 'I go windsurfing', you say 'I'm into airsoft.'

If they don't know what it is, then you can explain it to them however you see fit. I used to default to 'it's a little bit like paintball, but better' as most people think they know what paintball is.

If they're interested, they'll ask more questions. If not, the topic will move on.

It's airsoft, not hardcore, no-safeword BDSM.

If/when the topic of sport comes up, where people say 'I'm on a five-a-side team' or 'I go windsurfing', you say 'I'm into airsoft.'

If they don't know what it is, then you can explain it to them however you see fit. I used to default to 'it's a little bit like paintball, but better' as most people think they know what paintball is.

If they're interested, they'll ask more questions. If not, the topic will move on.

I did just check twice your name. I really expected a FireKnife on top of this post.

Oh god, 'on top'...

Aaaaanyway, I compare airsoft to the friends as a cross between paintball and those sneaky woodplays you play atbthe boyscouts.

They imidiately get that I need to please my inner child and mostnof the time they thinknit's cute.

Untill they Google it...

*fruitcage* me. My memory really is going. Completely forgot I had a SMLE mkIII by (I think) Iron Airsoft, poor things been laying there all untouched. Though I do remember why I left it. Wanted to retain it but kept putting it off. Time to get some sand paper. The pain.

did you mean refinish it? 

I'll do it for you.

totally legitimate 100% safety garunteed service.

you definitely will not receive a brick in a box when it's time to return it. ;)

(srs bsns. if it's proper wood (fnar) start with about 600 grit, in every direction, then once all the horrible varnish is gone, use 800 grit in one direction only, then 1000 grit in the same direction to smooth it all out, then finish it with a nice tung oil or boiled linseed oil.)

Just got home from work after another 12 hour shift.. Now tucking into a nice big glass of chilled wild turkey honey whiskey. Noice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild Turkey? I tried JD's and there's some Irish honey whiskey too, I gotta try it some other time.

Wild Turkey? I tried JD's and there's some Irish honey whiskey too, I gotta try it some other time.

Yup Wild Turkey. Personally I think it's the best honey whiskey out there. Strangely it's a bit thicker (viscous) than the other honey whiskeys out there I've tried. Don't know if that's due to extra honey or something but it's almost a different drink, I keep mine in the freezer next to a nice thin square glass to keep it nice and chilled. Also have some metal 'ice' cubes too if it's an especially hot day. 

Archived