Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

How?

Can you justify two and give one to a close internet friend?

Can't explain why I like them, I just do.

A rolex, for example, doesnt do anything for me. Unless it's a daytona, but omegas are awesome.

I actually do have two. Unfortunately none to give away. One was an upgrade of a 21st present watch (tag heuer, *suitcase* build quality, traded it in...) and the second was my dad's. Both have huge sentimental value

Sorry bud!

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen a couple of nice Tudors but if Omegas are good enough for James Bond and Neil Armstrong they are good enough for me.

Mind you, Dirk Pitt uses a Doxa:

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&th=1362789&start=0&rid=0

I think Jack Reacher has missed a trick by just knowing the time.

I like the watches that Deunan and Briarios wear in Appleseed Ex Machina too.

I've seen a couple of nice Tudors but if Omegas are good enough for James Bond and Neil Armstrong they are good enough for me.

I like doxa watches, some at least.

As for Bond and Armstrong, I'm fortunate to have both a seamaster and a vintage Speedmaster :)

Appleseed! Briarios is brilliant. I love that Chappie had ears solely because the director liked briarios' ears in appleseed.

Never had you down as an amine fan, ginge?

I actually thought the jack reacher film was one of tom cruises finer works. It sticks remarkably close to the book, which is rare as *fruitcage* in hollywood.

Really?

Reacher isn't a good driver in the books, so the car chase scene was stupid.

Reacher can't hide in a crowd, and is unlikely to try.

Cruise isn't physically intimidating - which is a major part of Reacher's character.

As always, Cruise just plays "generic Tom Cruise action star" rather than playing Reacher.

I could go on, but you get the gist.

I watched the film on Netflix - no way was I going to pay to see it - and I didn't even rate it that highly as a film, much less a Reacher film which it was 0%.

Worst thing Lee Child ever did was sell his work out to Cruise. We'll never have good Reacher films now. Having said that, the recent book releases haven't been up to the standard of the earlier ones.

For all we know, Child could be a Scientologist... Although having read about half the novels, I guess it -would- have come through, Scientologists are apparentyl scripture-bound to lure in everyone they can to be fleeced.

And the most galling point I had about the Reacher film? Just looking at how they try to pass Cruise as someone who's 6' and change tall... All those contrived shot angles to mkae him appear taller.

I'm pretty sure he's not - he was just offered a huge pile of money for the film rights and said "okay" without stipulating that he retained any kind of creative control over the films.

If he'd sold to another studio, I highly doubt Cruise would have got the part.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not 100% hung up on the height thing. Sean Bean was awesome as Sharpe despite looking and sounding nothing like the character in the book (Sharpe is practically a giant in the books, and is from London not Sheffield).

You can cast an actor who doesn't quite fit the description if they can portray the *character* believably - but Cruise can't act. He plays every role the same.

For my money, I'd have cast Chris Hemsworth and started with the prequel stories when Reacher was in the Army and filmed all the stories in chronological order rather than the order the books were published.

I'm conflicted with Rack Reacher.

I feel like is was a decent version of the story in the book.

I feel like they miscast Cruise.

I feel like he did the best job he could (up there with Edge of Tomorrow)

The book wasn't that good.

Film was OK.

Appleseed! Briarios is brilliant. I love that Chappie had ears solely because the director liked briarios' ears in appleseed.

Never had you down as an amine fan, ginge?

Not so much.

I am a Sci-Fi fan.

Some Anime is also pretty good hard core Sci-Fi.  Most is not for me.

I like Ghost in the Shell, Appleseed and a few others.

I don't like swords, silly over the top martial arts, magic, nose bleeds, tentacles or teenage protagonists.

The pickings are slim.

Week off, it's the Fringe and one of my favourite acts are playing! :P

Also got the flat to myself soon before the missus is back, got a kinky weekend planned and not much else to be honest but all of the above makes me happy.

'FireKnife'

Just passed my driving test this morning! Yay for more financial burdens.

"If it's got tits or an engine, it will be trouble."

Welcome to the money pit, and a world of steering wheel-biting incompetence from other road users...

Archived