Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

You have been able to get Dymo Rhino printable heat shrink for ages but the machine is £300 and the tape is £20.

This stuff isn't made by Dymo but it comes in a D1 cartridge which means I can use it with my USB Dymo printer.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GYSG9WE

And the cheap(ish) but pretty good printer:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004G6NVKU/

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apart from the pain in the *albartroth* of looking for jobs when you don't have a computer (I know..) everything is "coming up Milhouse". Posh cocktails and jazz last night, big gym session with my bro and after that we're going to my favourite chinese restaurant. AEGs all working so got my first skirmish since June ( :fear2: ) next sunday with "the lads" , got the monday off too so after I get back from the skirmish gonna take the campervan down to the bottom of the fields with some posh beers, food, etc and plink away our remaining ammo... can't wait 

Needs a new name.

Anything with a "z" where there should be an "s" comes over a bit childish.

Plus even BB Wars seems a bit off.

If you want to do it though, do it.  It would be amazing.

When you do something you love you'll never work another day in your life and all that.

You're in school, employed, already have a business, buying a new one.  Damn, where do you work and are there any jobs going? heh

I graduate next July, my classes barely take time since I do most of them through CLEP/DSST exams. 

Own a skilled senior care business. I'm hiring nurses. Lol

buy the airsoft shop, promote it with the elderly residents doing gun and gear reviews lol 

but seriously the only thing I can think of is that I frequently consider buying an aeg from hong kong or whatever and posting it to my local shop to put in shs parts, mosfets bla bla bla bla so maybe thats a market.

Also if you became "the shop" to get spare parts that would probably help with other sales too.

EDIT: also a forwarding address service for us europeans ;)

my business experience: none 

Ah.  OK.  Must be pretty profitable considering US healthcare system...

Yeah it does well, we're averaging 25% margins since we keep operations tight. Most businesses in this sector are much worse off, call it 13% etc. 

buy the airsoft shop, promote it with the elderly residents doing gun and gear reviews lol 

but seriously the only thing I can think of is that I frequently consider buying an aeg from hong kong or whatever and posting it to my local shop to put in shs parts, mosfets bla bla bla bla so maybe thats a market.

Also if you became "the shop" to get spare parts that would probably help with other sales too.

EDIT: also a forwarding address service for us europeans ;)

my business experience: none 

Haha I could definitely do intl forwarding for stuff, I know thats a source of frequent headaches. Dunno about the senior promotions, I feel like they dont fit the demographic that well, lol.

I already have vendor contacts with HSA, SHS, Lonex, etc, so I'd easily be able to stack those in there. Buddy of mine runs 60 amazon accounts so he'll help with the logistics and distribution side. This current operation is not very efficient with that all. 

I was only teasing!

If it looks viable on the books, go for it. As said, an international forwarding service would be good, a lot of US companies won't ship outside the borders, so you would have a slice of the world market there.

Do it, listen to what customers want, and profit from overgrown children playing army!

I was only teasing!

If it looks viable on the books, go for it. As said, an international forwarding service would be good, a lot of US companies won't ship outside the borders, so you would have a slice of the world market there.

Do it, listen to what customers want, and profit from overgrown children playing army!

Intl forwarding services seem to be a big demand, I did it for a few guys here (Chris, know you're reading)

Once we have more streamlined infrastructure, it'll definitely be a scaleable operation. 

If you genuinely think you can make it a success, go for it.

You cleary have got the wherewithall to run businessess, and realistically, gearsets, pistons and AEG's aren't any different to cabbages and milk and biscuits. they just don't have a 'best before' date.

offer an arnies discount though, yeah? ;)

If you genuinely think you can make it a success, go for it.

You cleary have got the wherewithall to run businessess, and realistically, gearsets, pistons and AEG's aren't any different to cabbages and milk and biscuits. they just don't have a 'best before' date.

offer an arnies discount though, yeah? ;)

"Add coupon code 'Arnies' to your order for a -5% discount!"

Haha, they don't have expiration dates, but the inventory turnover for some of these items is probably terrible. I'd drastically change inventory, they carry a lot of *suitcase* products

Intl forwarding services seem to be a big demand, I did it for a few guys here (Chris, know you're reading)

Once we have more streamlined infrastructure, it'll definitely be a scaleable operation.

You've forwarded a few pairs of Crye G3s over the pond to me too!! If you can get that running again I would be all over it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an Indian takeaway last night.  Went for garlic duck.  Despite consuming what appeared to be an entire bulb of garlic, it didn't seem very garlicky at all. That is until just now when I let rip.  Safe to say, I am definitely safe from vampires right now...

Dunno about the senior promotions, I feel like they dont fit the demographic that well, lol.

Honestly? I'd bet having seniors review stuff could be a -real- selling point.

"This replica BAR is nice, much nicer than the real oen I used on the Pacific Front in '43... For example, I don't cut my hands open with badly finished edges..."

Also: "Yes, this new GBBr is the cat's pajamas, even Granny can lit you at 40 yards consistently with this..."

Heck, those WOULD be the endorsements that'd get buyers... :D

Oh, and a suggestion? When liquidating the stock that isn't going to stay? Offer the good stuff here, and it's almost certain that you'd get better profit than trying to flog it all through Amazon or something like that.

Honestly? I'd bet having seniors review stuff could be a -real- selling point.

"This replica BAR is nice, much nicer than the real oen I used on the Pacific Front in '43... For example, I don't cut my hands open with badly finished edges..."

Also: "Yes, this new GBBr is the cat's pajamas, even Granny can lit you at 40 yards consistently with this..."

Heck, those WOULD be the endorsements that'd get buyers... :D

Oh, and a suggestion? When liquidating the stock that isn't going to stay? Offer the good stuff here, and it's almost certain that you'd get better profit than trying to flog it all through Amazon or something like that.

Well, you've got a point. I'd just need to find the retirees with spunk and attitude to do it, haha. 

Archived