Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Dunno, Mosul is pretty atrocious right now.

Turns out friend really wants to go to the Natural History Museum so reckon that's the number one thing to do, and work the day round that. Anyone have an idea roughly how long it takes to do the museum (I imagine this is really variable though).

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adorable.

Are you going the full thing?  Battery out, axle stands, drained brake fluid etc.?

Dunno, Mosul is pretty atrocious right now.

Turns out friend really wants to go to the Natural History Museum so reckon that's the number one thing to do, and work the day round that. Anyone have an idea roughly how long it takes to do the museum (I imagine this is really variable though).

Took me about 6 hours.

Depends how much detail you want.

I'd say cut it short and try to do the science museum too, it's right there and has a Difference Engine number 2. However, that gallery shut a month ago.

So, I have become a monster.

I am working towards an achievement in GTA Online so I had to receive a sexual favour from a lady of negotiable virtue.

Two things I wasn't expecting happened.

1, It works in 1st person and is pretty uncanny valley creepy.

2. The voice actors have really gone the extra mile.  The first one I heard apparently read her lines with something in her mouth.

Anyway, I was curious about exactly how many different lines they recorded so I began to investigate the only way I know how.

Scientifically and thoroughly.

The problem is, things get a bit pricey so to save money I began getting my money back after.  The only way to do that is to kill the ladies.

So, I feel ready to make some statements.

1. Rockstar are not just a cut above, they are 20 cuts above.

2. There aren't just different voice acted lines, there are a range of girls with accents from different parts of the US including a Southern Belle and they each have a range of lines.

3. I have killed more prostitutes that all the people whose surnames are "ripper" combined.

Some numbers were released this week and GTA 5 has now sold 70 million copies.

That makes it the 4th best selling game of all time behind Tetris (out forever on everything), Minecraft (including free copies) and Wii Sports (given away with 100 million consoles which counts apparently).

The Nintendo Wii U has only sold a bit over 70 million copies of all its games COMBINED in the same time.

On release it made a billion dollars worldwide IN 3 DAYS.

They have made another half a billion dollars selling shark cards.

Just in 2016 it has sold 10 million copies to make a game from 2013 one of the biggest selling games of 2016.

Bloody hell.

Has a good last time out on a field for the year.  Got to run the Bizon a few times.  It is running 313 with a stock tm spring in it compared to the original 430 out of the box, so it is basically the "they've gotten too close for comfort" choice now.

Twitch I agree with Stunt, try and do both. Pick the one you are most interested in first.  Provided you don't gawp at every single thing they have there like that bit in Ferris Bueller's Day off you should be able to manage it. Hopefully the queue isn't massive 

20 mins walk from the Science Museum, heading west on Cromwell's road, is the Devonshire,  a good pub that also does food. Saw James May in there once, for what's that's worth. If you are happy spending £££ go to the Abingdon which is about another 10 mins walking. 

Archived