Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone remember when no one would dare even think about Xmas until after Remembrance Sunday at the very earliest?

No, me neither.

Wifey has had all our Xmas presents sorted for weeks - months even for most of it. She spreads the buying out as much as possible to avoid huge holes in the budget around this time of the year.

She always buys too much, though. I try to tell her, but she doesn't listen. She loves making people happy and buying them presents. So yeah, she blows all the money but at least she's not spending it on shoes or something like a lot of girls you hear about...

Anyone remember when no one would dare even think about Xmas until after Remembrance Sunday at the very earliest?

No, me neither.

Couple of years ago the company I work for implemented a "no decorations until after Remembrance Sunday" policy due to having upset some folks with it. Which I agree with.

No gaping budget holes for me, being single and so far removed from my family does have some perks.

I went to an open day for a new build development the other day for starter type homes.  There were investors there trying to buy everything...Capitalism is all great and cool and everything but it's a *fruitcage* kick in the teeth in that kind of situation. 

Just bought the borderlands handsome collection and titanfall 2 off the ps store for 54 dollars using the further 10 percent off code.  I figured I can wait on multi for the latter till I see whether or not family contact can come through for the bs ps plus cards, but either way I don't feel bad buying both.

Now if I can just press the buttons for that dang lct rpk...

Rang up Virgin Media, told them I didn't like the rate increase and wanted to leave for BT.

Got a reduction on my contract for the next 12 months plus a month free.

So instead of paying £41 this month, I pay 0.01p.

(Though next month I'm paying £29 but shhhhh)

I'm gonna call Virgin this weekend. My Internet speed is shocking as the known issue in my area hasn't been resolved. Not paying full price for half speed intertubes. No sir.

What you should do, is look at the other alternatives in your area (O2, Plusnet, BT etc) and quote the prices they offer for new contracts. It'll put the *suitcases* right up Virgin and they will give you all the offers and freebies they can to keep you on their books.

This works for other suppliers too - I know a friend who got his BT Fiber bill cut in half when he told them that Virgin were giving him a better offer.

sounds mean but a bloke on my facebook got an eye infection, which was wrongly diagnosed and has had to have surgery on his cataracts... that isn't funny in of itself  BUT that he got the eye infection off a VR headset during a taster session, I am sorry to say, is  very funny indeed. 

*snorts*

Mike do you want a cheap linen shirt and a pair of wool hose? (some old kit of the boys from drinking and hitting people with swords club)

He should have some medieval leather boots as well but they'd need resoling to be usable for you.

Let me know and Il dig them out could sell them relatively cheaply

Fair enough.

I'm still using the Kindle 3 (the one with the keyboard) I got back in 2011 - best present I ever hot myself. Although I broke at least two of them but Amazon replaced it each time, no cost to me. Even sent me one out to Camp Bastion while I was deployed.

Their customer service is normally really good.

Archived