Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are her standards up to scratch? Cause I ask as I've just finished re-washing up nearly everything we own while she's at her sisters for the weekend because she never uses enough soap and everything has a film of grease.

It drives me mad.

Turns out, season 2 of The Expanse has started airing already! 

this is a brilliant adaptation of a brilliant series of books. They stopped season 1 about two thirds of the way through the first book, and so far, with the exception of one character, they've got the casting spot on.

Apart from Naomi's accent. Fairly certain the inhabitants of stations in/around the asteroid belt ('belters') wouldn't sound like they come from lahndahn.

If they stick as closely to the book as they have do so far, this is going to be very good. 

also new TV, and fish and chips and beer for dinner. 

It definitely started slowly, perhaps I was more invested because the books are freaking brilliant.

The book, at least, is a brilliant mix of proper film noir detective stuff, which just happens to be set in space, and proper plot twists.

Hedg, if you're into sci-fi at all, try the second episode out, it introduces the rest of the crew quite well, and episode 4 is where things get REALLY good. 

Game of Thrones was like that. Season one followed the book quite closely, then the following seasons starting going their own way...

I'm unsure why they think it's a good idea - although in that case I think they may be right, Martin seems to have written himself into a corner, but the TV series makes more sense, having more key characters still breathing.

Wait. I think I'm getting confused.

They introduced a Gunnery Sargeant, Roberta Draper of the Martian Marine Force, who doesnt show up in the books till book two, and they exploded a station, and I think I mixed up the station that they exploded with the station Bobbie has an epic fight on.

It may be back on track, it's been that long since I read the first book I can't remember it straight in my head, coupled with the TV show introducing very very important characters (Bobbie, Avasarala, and the like).

I think they just introduced key characters earlier, but don't think it is terribly far off the books yet. I think they're just inserting characters into places they could be but weren't described in depth in the books (things that get mentioned as having happened in the books get depicted in the show).

I'm enjoying it thus far.

Edit: what i meant to add was that it actually tries to do space right. Actual orbital mechanics and g forces and whatnot. Which is very rare in space Sci Fi.

I do love The Expanse.  I forgot S2 was starting this week so that was a bonus.  Luckily for me I haven't read the books so it's all cool from my POV.  Surprisingly decent quality for the Syfy channel.  2 thumbs up from me.

'What's the go signal?...for the assault'

'That will explode.  And turn into a door'

PM'd stunt re. games.

It might depend on the definition of 'friend'... Maybe it's like in those westerns of old, where the barkeep tells the fresh face in town to 'Listen friend, if I was you, I wouldn't step on those cowboy's toes, but I ain't you, with a fancy gunrig...' (unsaid 'and propensity to hit on my girls without paying my pimping fees...)

Archived