Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

I blame Ian for my fascination with top loaded lmg like the madsen and zb26, along with a wish for replicas of various common and obscure"battle rifles" with their large magazines or weapons with obscure magazine placements.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The L98 is the rifle used by Cadet Forces, known as the Cadet GP (general purpose). It's now the L98A2, which is semiautomatic and has a flash excluder - it's identical to the L85A2 except for having the full-auto function and the change lever removed.

The .22 rifle used was just 'the Number 8 rifle' but Derbyshire ACF at least have withdrawn it, and all .22 firing is done with the L98A2 and sub calibre HK conversion kit.

The L98 is the rifle used by Cadet Forces, known as the Cadet GP (general purpose). It's now the L98A2, which is semiautomatic and has a flash excluder - it's identical to the L85A2 except for having the full-auto function and the change lever removed.

The .22 rifle used was just 'the Number 8 rifle' but Derbyshire ACF at least have withdrawn it, and all .22 firing is done with the L98A2 and sub calibre HK conversion kit.

I'm talking nearly 20 years ago. No idea if my school still use the enfields. Never heard them called the no. 8, cheers :)

The Expanse is just getting better and better. They've stuck to the books in a way I couldn't have hoped for. With the gracious omission of a few details in episodes 4 and 5, which added to the books, but like the rover tipping in The Martian, added nothing to the show and would have used up too much screen time to explain, which could be much much better spent on other things.

Like the potted history of Soloman Epstein at the start of episode 6. Which you can read the short novella of here. It's yet another way that the showmakers are saying to the hardcore fans (like myself) 'Hey, we love this too. We're trying to not *fruitcage* it up. Promise.'

I have not been as excited for more episodes of a show since the BSG reboot, and whilst I thoroughly enjoyed it, The Expanse is surpassing it in almost every way. 

I love how The Expanse doesn't follow the arbitrary formula for typical TV structure.  Episode 5 was just phenomenal TV and you just know that it would have been paced to be a season finale on some other program.  And I'm not even mad they left us hanging in ep 6 as there's just so much other stuff going on.

I love how The Expanse doesn't follow the arbitrary formula for typical TV structure.  Episode 5 was just phenomenal TV and you just know that it would have been paced to be a season finale on some other program.  And I'm not even mad they left us hanging in ep 6 as there's just so much other stuff going on.

This season is getting crazy. Surely enough, S02E05 was paced like a season finale, but then S02E06 rolls in with an absolute Paradigm Shift.

However, from what I know, S02E05 was the end of the first book, so even with the source material shuffling to include Avasarala and Bobbie in S01 it could have stood as a season finale. I'm not even sure if that wouldn't have been better, considering that the pacing of S01 was glacial until they reached Eros.

Yep. Book one finished in ep 5. Book two starts with Bobbie in ep6. Which means they'll be getting a fair amount of book two in before the end of season 2, which is good for everyone.

Especially Mei.

Mei has shown up in the trailers and episode teasers, so she can be expected.

Also, my mom told me there's a guy she suspects of being a walt. He claims to have PTSD after his tour in Afghanistan. I told her to ask him whether he heard of the ambush on Polish forces at Shalwar Kameez.

Seriously, anyone who ever had a cursory interest in Afghanistan will figure out that this question is taking him for a ride.

So when I received my Forgeworld order of geekdom I noticed the antenna on one of my comms packs has snapped off, I ordered two sets of comms packs so four in total. Emailed customer service and they're sending me out two more sets and have bumped that and the order I placed today to express delivery.

I didn't even mind too much about replacements, was interested to see if they had any ideas for repairs but they gave me some inspiration to use it in scenery/objective markers. Funny thing is the guys seemed to have fun with this saying the troll had gotten out of his cage and caused a ruckus.

Customer service done right.

Fnar! Speaking of torques, one of my new tools is a router. A proper spinny deathbastard. Up to half inch collet, 1500W and all round badass. I'm defo losing a finger with this.

n+1 is a good rule, I like it. Also, no bicycles for me. Ever.

Saw John Wick 2 with one of my sons last night (me for the 2nd time and he for the first). A 6:30PM showing and still every seat taken. Lots of women in the crowd (my first viewing was with my wife who enjoyed the movie as well..probably why we are still married after 35 years and 3 kids-lol). He loved the movie (all of us are fans of the first one).

The conversations after these movies always make me smile.."did you see that".."that was amazing".."cant wait for the DVD".."that shotgun scene"..etc etc

I think I might have untinked the last gearbox.  Swapped the old stock gears in and it cycles.  Pretty sure the arl will fail at some point or something, but I just wanted the damn thing back together and dumped into a kalash body.  Will have to test fire it at some point.

Ian testing out semi auto DPM kits and I am like "please, please let there be an airsoft company ceo who is a big fan of Gun Jesus!"

Archived