Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Front and rear dashcam. Can be had for about 25 quid. Once safe to do so, call it in on 101 to get it logged. At least in my force, it gets looked into and the driver can be prosecuted, or the Intel used for when they do it again and shows they are prone to do it.

Or, check they don't have a dashcam (hard to find in your mirrors, but also doubtful if they drive like a cock), and stand on the stoppers and put your car up on its front bumper. *suitcases* them up no end. May cause poor attempts at reprisals though, and I "don't recommend" this.

I hate wanky drivers and make the effort as far as I can for *suitcase* like that. Everyone should be equal on the road.

Edited for all the spellz. So many. Bloody booze. Should probably pull over...

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a front dashcam but I've been meaning to sort a rear one too.  I just want a really low profile one.  I'm thinking one of the small Blackviews.

I remember the days driving to school in cars people had fitted ridiculous air horns to.  Drive up to people walking away from you, blast the horn and everyone in the car waves in the opposite direction whilst the pedestrians jump out of their skin.  Bonus points if you're in a Nova.

Front and rear dashcam. Can be had for about 25 quid. Once safe to do so, call it in on 101 to get it logged. At least in my force, it gets looked into and the driver can be prosecuted, or the Intel used for when they do it again and shows they are prone to do it.

Or, check they don't have a dashcam (hard to find in your mirrors, but also doubtful if they drive like a cock), and stand on the stoppers and put your car up on its front bumper. *suitcases* them up no end. May cause ###### poor attempts at reprisals though, and I "don't recommend" this.

I hate wanky drivers and make the effort as far as I can for *suitcase* like that. Everyone should be equal on the road.

Edited for all the spellz. So many. Bloody booze. Should probably pull over...

Don't stand on the brakes.

The brake lights come on and warn them.

Put it in 1st or 2nd gear and sidestep the clutch.

The car stops dead but the brake lights never come on.

I was young and an idiot.

Now I am old (still an idiot) and I do not recommend such shenanigans.

The world has moved on and become a more litigious place.

I could also have been seriously hurt.

I suspect the attending officer wasn't buying my "A dog ran out" line either.  Not stupid these policeman officers.

I have a special hatred of tailgaters so I'm thinking of getting the mrs one of those led scrolling message boards for her rear windscreen and loading it with messages like "if you want to get that far up my *albartroth* at least buy me dinner first"

An alternative I've been told is that rather than hitting the brakes flick your lights on then off so the rear lights flash but you don't slow down and risk being rear ended

I have a special hatred of tailgaters so I'm thinking of getting the mrs one of those led scrolling message boards for her rear windscreen and loading it with messages like "if you want to get that far up my *albartroth* at least buy me dinner first"

An alternative I've been told is that rather than hitting the brakes flick your lights on then off so the rear lights flash but you don't slow down and risk being rear ended

Don't bother. The led matrix will just off the idiot who thinks it is fine to tailgate, and your Mrs will be trying to operate it while flustered or off, breaking her concentration on driving, and the light-flicking may work once or twice, if at all in strong daylight, and then also start to the tailgater off.

Dash cam, and call an incident in as soon as safe to do so after it, or hands free call it on 999. Hard to prove without a camera as it can be said she was drving like an idiot etc.

My money is on a dashcam AND handsfree. You can show your driving leading up to the incident, and if she uses phrases like 'feeling intimidated', 'scared for her life' 'hates to use the phone while driving but felt she had to' and such, it will get a faster response ;)

Edit, smelling pistake.

Doing a two day training course in Cellar, Dispense and Coffee at a Croydon pub second week in May and then have the rest of the week off, which is cool as that puts me closer to my family as of the Tuesday. Going to be interesting what I can get out of it and being the first person in my pub doing it hopefully I'll be able to bring stuff back into my pub to maximise our profits.

And my Pub manager discussed opening up a Shift Manager position in my pub with the Area Manager for me, so got to wait for that application to go live and give it my best *suitcase* but I reckon I've a good chance. I'm solid on pub and company operations, know my pub incredibly well (I can navigate my cellar, which is massive and lots of corridors in the dark) and have recently started doing more business orientated things such as business reviews and going on to doing the weekly stock takes.

Just got to remember I can bring information into the interview, so a sheet with some figures to jog the memory. Didn't realise I was able to do this for my Shift Leader interview but that one was fortunately more about the individual.

Best thing is the pub manager saying that I deserve this as I do so much work for the pub and the only reason I haven't gone up yet was because I wasn't sure where I wanted to be.

I agree.  I guess lane orientation wasn't clear in my post.  In this situation, he was practically touching my bumper.  I'm not having some *Ubar* bully me to go faster.  I made my point.  He took his chance to undertake me.  In fact, I would be happier for him to go past me as I don't want people like that within a 100 miles of me.  It just so happened the left lane was going slower after I went back to the limit.  I did no wrong here.

I find the best way to deal with tailgaters is to give yourwindscreen a jolly good clean. Also remember to increase the distance between you and the car infront as you won't be able to stop suddenly with that berk on your tail.

Driving up the M40 the other day in lane 2, the car in front was weaving gently between the lines, with speed drifting accordingly. I could see a gap in the next lane traffic, so pulled out to overtake and as I did so realised the driver was on the phone - big smartphone, in his right hand so not subtle. I pulled alongside and matched his speed (no traffic behind me) and waited to see if he noticed. He glanced at me and saw a dark blue BMW estate (for our foreign readers, a common Brit unmarked Police car), with a driver wearing a white shirt and dark tie. He dropped his phone and adopted the "look straight ahead and pretend I wasn't doing anything" manner, then as I hadn't moved on he looked across - I gave him a serious look, wagged my finger at him, then pulled away. Not the first time I've been mistaken for an unmarked car, but certainly one of the most satisfying!

Picked up my TM SOPMOD today.

Very happy in general, has more recoil than my friends 417 especially in auto which is good. Fun to shoot.

Slight niggle is the way they did the LiPo conversion by just soldering onto the contact bars rather than rewiring the gearbox which means I'll probably need to rewire it when I get a CTR in (shame but I guess I should've asked what they were going to do).

I'm not disappointed having dropped that much money though and can't wait to use it in a game.

I thought it was a DKPK from massdrop? if it was UKPK i'd have gone for one, as the £8 clone I got from aliexpress is really bloody good.

Todays happy: great weekend with the inlaws up visiting, amazing pie dinner last night at our local pub, and me and stunt are now HAWAIIAN SHIRT FRIENDS! :D

Archived