Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered two pairs of leather bracers from a local Palnatoke partner.

Turns out, Palnatoke went bust and closed shop last week.

The shop refunded my obviously cancelled order, and I went to spend it at Mytholon instead.

For 12 quid more I got two pairs of leather bracers, a shirt and a belt hanger for things like gauntlets, rope coils and stuff. All at 10% Easter discount.

And I still have a 15% discount voucher at the other shop that I intend to use next month.

That's a shame.

They made really awesome LARP swords for no money. They were innovators back in the day that other companies cloned. I used to handle them in Denmark where they are/were made.

10/10 day IMO - Private hire is the way forward!

The site runners there should be applauded, really interesting games which managed to keep things fresh. Good site layout, CQB but with some distance at points too.

Could not agree more. Fantastic day.

Made even better by getting to meet you all in person at last. I had such a laugh, I'm still grinning like an idiot :).

Likewise.

You looked sharp as *fruitcage* by the way.

So, I can't have the fantastico, or the stracciatella, and Tink's had the last Creme Brulee?

Why don' you tell me what I CAN have?

That was sub-standard waitressing.

Also the other one when I asked for the cheese pizza only with no feta or Stilton and she said I can't have it.

So I asked for the chef pizza with extra cheese and I could only have Mozzarella.  I know you have cheddar back there, it's on the other pizza.

Also, trying to explain what a pint of fresh orange and lemonade is.

Then receiving 200ml of above that hadn't been stirred so you could see the two liquids.  I am aware these liquids are miscible, can you please raise them to a higher level of entropy?

I don't have time to wait for Brownian motion to do it for me.

That's a shame.

They made really awesome LARP swords for no money. They were innovators back in the day that other companies cloned. I used to handle them in Denmark where they are/were made.

That they did. Iron Fortress seems to have no imagination, and funny enough, there's a Mytholon armor that matched one of Palnatoke's bracer designs pretty closely.

And as for the swords, yeah, those were something. Calimacil is nothing to scoff at, sure, but they're noticeably more expensive.

But I'd still have more fun than any walt would allow dishing out bang kills with a red foam crowbar (or wrench). :D

You're a hard one to please, aren't you? (@amateurstuntman)

Some people want perfection. Or at least see the perfection that could be achieved.

It goes both ways. It can also mean paying attention to, and appreciating, small details that others skim over.

Also try Botafogo in Hudds. It's good.

Except that one time where they served me a regular coke instead of the diet coke i asked for.

No more than normal I assume.

I am always like that in restaurants.

I'm really starting to regret missing the meal. It sounds like the fun continued  :)

When the first thing I saw on entering the Site, was Tink and yourself in kilts and hawaiian shirts - I knew it was going to be a good one!  :D

I was gutted when it turned out to be on a Saturday instead of the Sunday.

Sounds like fun was had by all.

I was sad not to see you brother. It's been too long.

But yes, much laughter was had. Though I felt absolutely terrible for a brief moment, when I thought I'd taken a tooth out of Tink, luckily he was fine.  :unsure:

My nice new 5.11 Covrt18 came in today, very pleased with it as a bag. So many pockets, including one that seems to be suitable for a ballistic plate if I want to get really paranoid/live in the US.

Smaller front pocket has MOLLE on the inside and can be rolled into an open position if you wanted to be more overt. This is fantastic as it means I have somewhere to store my trauma kit (I do need to source a non multicam one down the line though.

Can't wait to start putting it through it's paces and finishing up my EDC kit.

Now you just need to get a hold of some cracking norks and you'll be set.

No. Dude. Seriously. I wouldn't trust a cracking nork, even if the things people saw when norks got cracked themselves were fodder for Angelfire/Geocities webpage jokes twenty years ago.

They make up for lack of skills with fanatical devotion. Those aren't the skeedaddling norks that need to be quarantined in order not to endanger themselves when they'd be unavoidably standing in the middle of a Seoul street gawking at pretty damn much everything.

Archived