Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my Shift Manager interview next Friday, have to take a trip to our pub in Kings Lynn for it. Hopefully I get it and I can work on some other things with the extra financial security, learning to drive/ride a motorbike is pretty high on that list.

Pub Manager mentioned how he's looking for a Deputy as the Area Manager was talking about bringing someone in from another pub but he said he'd rather have someone home grown or at least experienced in our pub. I actually reckon depending how rapidly he needs one I might go for it as I'm keen to learn, he loves my enthusiasm and I know the pub damn well.

Also scored a TM Recoil 416 RIS with nut and screws for £35, far cheaper than Eagle6 and a perfect start to my 416 upper project, next: The Upper.

Go for it, what's to lose?

That's my thinking: "Opportunities multiply as they are seized". Worst comes to worst I get some constructive feedback from someone who cares about my development as it's in his best interests.

Heh i keep forgetting you has mod powers. The question is if you ban someone will it 'tink' the forum?

And yeah any interview where you can get feedback is something to try for and you never know you may get the 'you aren't quite qualified but you have the drive and strength and we think with mentoring you could do it' hire

No, banning people doesn't break the forum. Deleting them does, though. (hands up who remembers those dark days?)

I remember the tales of someone getting straight-up baleeted for insulting Ivery.

I also remember Sledge, doc_newstead and the legend of KidScotland.

Did someone say Hissing_Sid Chocoglock?

Because if someone is going to demand money from the whole forum to get my wife to make ludicrously overpriced glock shaped cakes, it's going to be M-

(USER BANNED FOR THIS POST)

I legitimately miss some of the old crowd. Ah well.

Also it was a total *suitcase* when Hissing_Sid got baleeted because he had a lot of really good technical threads showcasing some very nice homebrew mods, like that one where he converted an ambi MP5 lower to fit a G3 for his MSG-90 p-

(USER DOUBLEBANNED FOR THIS POST)

Ah, but who remembers DeeDee with his "Ballistics degree" and 1 Joule crusade?

Plus the Equilibrium 92Fs he sold.... Not sure if anyone actually got one delivered though.

Happy thoughts... Actually quite enjoying the Finance and Accounting side of my job - much to my surprise. 

Archived