Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

The realisation that I've not got it that bad... As a cyclist I'll never complain again about the state of the bicycle lane in Belgium whereas here you have half a metre of crumbling asphalt and trucks, suv, etc doing 80km/h plus at 30 cm to your right...

No. I'm good. I've got it pretty decent.

Nannystate, sure. Ratrace, ofcourse. But decent. Perspective is all you need :)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All these people creaming themselves over iPhone 8 'Leaked designs' lol. It's all speculation but people are eating it right up.

, isn't it?

It will be as smooth as a bar of soap, but with the technology of a 4 year old android stuffed inside it.

And the sheep will lap up the manna from apple like the obedient little ovine creatures with hipster beards they desire to be.

In Killarney, driving off the parking i noticed my steering was funky and pulling to the left. Left front flat...

Spare wheel on 5 minutes later, showing of my manliness.

Plugged and inflated damaged tire fitted on by 2 very helpfull and friendly Irishmen at the local tirecentral 20 minutes later.

T was like it never happened!

Just finished 24: legacy.

Meh.

Generic now, no savage plot twists like the earlier series.

And again, it was only 12 episodes. Again. I think I'm done with this. That hurts to say, but it's a bit .

Second tiny hole on the tire plugged for free! Immediately checked it with a run on the Ring of Kerry. Love how the locals pull over and let you pass when you want to drive as close to the legal limit of 100km/h as safely possible, where they only do 50 max.

I'm no tailgater, though i drive an Audi; also doing the full 100 in Ireland is quite close to suicide for the average driver. They only slow you down where people live. The rest, hairpins, cliffs and ravines, narrow stone bridges, potholes as deep as a well... 80 or 100.

Madness! Lovely, cheery, exciting, have your travelpartner screaming and clawing the safety belt kind of madness ^^.

All this and the tire is fiiiiiine ^^

Well, a year from now I'll be looking for a car.

If there isn't a decent Pinzgauer available then I'll be looking for a Unimog, U1300 or so.  There are a lot of them about in Belgium.  Might have to take a road trip out there.

I'll kidnap and bring Tink because mechanic.

So I've been offered the promotion.

Goodbye weekly paycheck you'll be missed (I've worked since I was 13, which is half my life now...and always been cash in hand or weekly).

Hello pay increase to a basic salary of £26K.

It's really weird, basically my Pub Manager has said that I won't be taking on many more duties as I've already been doing the job of a Duty Manager and then some for a while (and then he threw some light hearted digs at some of the other managers who we have on the team, not mentioning names though) so it's almost a massive raise for not much apart from more accountability which is something I have no problem with. If I *fruitcage* up I admit it and accept responsibility for the repercussions.

It's not just the money either, it's done me a massive boost to my confidence. Just annoying I can't discuss it with colleagues until it's gone through hah as there's some people who really want to know bless them.

Well, a year from now I'll be looking for a car.

If there isn't a decent Pinzgauer available then I'll be looking for a Unimog, U1300 or so.  There are a lot of them about in Belgium.  Might have to take a road trip out there.

I'll kidnap and bring Tink because mechanic.

How many times, I'm not a mechanic.

Though road trip with you and Chewie to buy a Pinz in belgium would be amazing. 

Coureur des bois.

Am sure there are probably other brands too though.

There was a massive French Canadian stand at the expo we went to, so naturally I came home with maple everything. Maple butter, maple cream liqueur, maple biscuits, and maple beer.

Also, all the cured meats.

Archived