Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

The track car now has race-spec solid engine mounts.

We stuck the good quality polybush ones on the daily and discovered that the main top engine mount had snapped clean in two.

No wonder there was a suspicious knocking.

Both cars are now noticeably better.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea how they only managed to get 225hp from a 5 litre engine.

That said, the (modified) fox platform the car is on has great potential.

I can't help feeling you'd be better of with a stock mustang as a base car rather than the aftermarket convertible.

You can easily get M3 performance out of one of the tin tops and even keep up on a track with the right mods.

Today was bring the sledgehammer to work day as we've had a load of old kitchen gantries in our cellar for months and despite us messaging the other pubs in our area no one wanted them.

Hour or so destroying numerous ones, fortunately most were fairly simple spot welds but one was a pretty damn tough weld so could only break it down so far.

I can feel an ache in my back though. :(

I have no idea how they only managed to get 225hp from a 5 litre engine.

That said, the (modified) fox platform the car is on has great potential.

I can't help feeling you'd be better of with a stock mustang as a base car rather than the aftermarket convertible.

You can easily get M3 performance out of one of the tin tops and even keep up on a track with the right mods.

I will be the first to admit that American's are terrible at making an efficient engine back in the 80's. And the 5.0 can only take so much power before you have to do structual mods to the engine

We'll see on the Mustang.

Oh yeah. Gained a tenner so I'm a happy camper. Been really lucky with the items I've been selling recently. Beginning to think maybe I'm pushing my luck. . .

Might try to sell *suitcase* in a bag, see what I get for it.

Archived