Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They aren't scrubbed I think it's just the dust on them. I'll have another check but I went over it pretty thorough, in the pic that rear one does look pretty bad so ill definitely double check!

Three things I always spend top dollar on. Eyes, feet and tyres. I never risk it. You can't buy these tyres with an e rating anymore and they're crazy money. So when they're worn I'll be changing them for some other Yokos that are proper road tyres and can cope in the wet.

Very good call. You can't beat a good nights sleep. Although I can sleep like a log literally on the floor in a sleeping bag so it's not a huge priority for me.. mind you, if it keeps my missus happy then maybe it should be a priority! Happy wife, happy life etc..

Fair enough - glad you checked it over. Would hate to see something awful happen for something as simple as worn tyres.

Yoko's are nice. I've got Parada spec 2's on the corrodo, over kill for what it was, but it'll be worth it come the big power.

It'd be worth looking for some other semi-slicks, I think Marlowe ran either Nankang NS2Rs, or Toyos of some sort on his MX5 for a while. 

It looks a beast. If you're ever up north, gimme a shout. 

How is it for interior space?

Oh yeah definitely would be terrible!

These Yokos are Advan A048s. As far as I know the NS2Rs are available in the right size. I had a set of Yoko A539s on my last mini they were pretty awesome in all weather. Im wary of semi slicks in the wet though.. just isn't the same.

Not up north too often. I might take it to Manchester end of the month but that's about as far north as I'll go!

Space inside is pretty decent really the seats go pretty far back for your gangly legs ;) just the top height you may have an issue with!

You'd be happy with an impromtu sunroof retrofit, right? I've got a tin opener somewhere... ;)

Also nothing about me could be described as 'gangly'.

Ask ginge. I'm like somebody took a normal person, and set the 'scale' setting to 125%...

Haha touché! My other mini has a sunroof but it's totally off the road. This one doesn't and I have to say I prefer it, they always leak! But for you im sure we can sort something out!!

Also checked the tyres all round. Everything is as expected no scrubbing :) 

Put mine and stunts name down for a group buy of some custom ergonomic split keyboard PCB's. Should be around about 40 dorrah once shipped, then pick your own switches and key caps and the fun of handwiring it all up.

So looking forward to it, I'm already saving up for a board load of switches :D.

You'd be happy with an impromtu sunroof retrofit, right? I've got a tin opener somewhere... ;)

Also nothing about me could be described as 'gangly'.

Ask ginge. I'm like somebody took a normal person, and set the 'scale' setting to 125%...

Yeah, like a normal bloke who is farther away than you expected.

You know, this talk about fitting tall guys to small cars -always- reminds me of that scene in first Police Academy movie... Hightower fitting into that tiny car by taking the driver's seat off and driving from the backseat...

My primary school headteacher was 6'4" and drove a mini.

He used to fold himself in like one of those contortionists who get in to tiny boxes (fnar) but was always grinning when driving it :)

Good to hear she's doing well.

In other news I went to IKEA for furniture and picked up a box of KAKOR CHOKLADFLARN on a whim and *fruitcage* me sideways they're like chocolate heroin

kakor-chokladflarn-chocolate-crisps-doub

Archived