Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In other nerdy news, I have redesigned my mosfets to take advantage of the newer, smaller TVS diodes. To give you an idea of why this is good:

Old diodes:

XIN-YANG-Electronic-20pcs-lot-Free-shipp

New diodes:

littelfuse_tvs_diode_5_0smdjxxs_hi_res.j

The new ones are rated to the same power dissipation and are literally a tenth of the size - they're about 10mm long, 6mm wide and 5mm thick. With some inventive positioning I've managed to make a fully protected 3034 based fet which is able to fit inside a V2 gearbox and is about the size of 3x 5p coins stacked on top of each other.

That just looks like a comparison between regular and surface mount components...?

How much do you charge for these MOSFETs?

It is. I just managed to source a distributor who didn't want silly MOQs and had the 5000W TVS diodes I needed.

Usually I charge £25 to install them - including the labour, wiring, deans connectors etc.

I've been playing with the idea of selling them online but I'm trying to raise capital to set up an online shop properly first.

Of course, if you want one I could probably do them for a tenner shipped, less if you wanted a few at once.

Good to hear she's doing well.

In other news I went to IKEA for furniture and picked up a box of KAKOR CHOKLADFLARN on a whim and *fruitcage* me sideways they're like chocolate heroin

kakor-chokladflarn-chocolate-crisps-doub

I love KAKOR CHOKLADFLARN!

I also love Swedish fish and Diam cake.

I know where I am going this weekend.

I'll have to think about it - I'm not sure I'd be up for fitting them myself and I only just got my AEGs working again after various issues, so would hate to mess them up.

I'm pretty sure Project AUG and the backup AUG have MOSFETs already as Doc serviced and fitted them for me.

In addition to those, I've got Project G36, and a G3SBS which both have upgraded gearboxes and a stock SRC XM8. Might well be worth fitting MOSFETs to the two upgraded gearboxes if not all three.

I use 7.2V 25C LiPo packs with all the AEGs, seem to work okay even in the XM8.

What do you think? Are they easy to fit? I'm okay with wiring and soldering, it's opening gearboxes that tends to end badly for me...

And now I'm becoming unsold...

:(

I'm sure I'll find something to watch between Netflix and box office!

Edit, what's just made me laugh is the wife is off out for a girls night, and her friends mum is picking her up like she is 17 again!

Archived