Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a mates stag weekend in Cardiff, met one of the guys last night, was in the pub literally less than 15 minutes after we arrived, great time out then back to his to watch hot fuzz.

Slept on the biggest sofa known to man (ITS LONGER THAN I AM!) only to be rudely awakened by the day star about 10 minutes ago.

Edit to add.

Chicken pathia. Best curry I've ever had. Om nom nom.

My boy is housebound after his op.

He hadn't seen proper Lego before, just duplo. So I dug all my old stuff out from the parents house and brought it home.

He loves it and so do I, we have been building for 3 days now. And I found a site with instructions on for the old kits, as my Lego is dumped in a huge tool box and mixed up, no boxes or instructions.

I (we) now have lots of old kits built up all over the lounge and IT IS *fruitcage* AWESOME!

One or 2 missing pieces, I shall be shopping for more. It may get spendy...

Time to share.

Many years ago, 2008 I think.  We lived in another house and our neighbour was my wife's old maths teacher.

She was a gopping pack rat, her house was full of old magazines and rubbish and full of mice that would crawl under the floors into our house.

She won a £10,000 spending spree at Bluewater on a radio competition and before she went she asked what we would buy in her situation.

We talked for about half an hour until her limo arrived.  I told her that the first thing I would do is to go to the Lego store and get the large scale Millennium Falcon.  We all laughed.

Three days later a package arrived for next door, it was huge and obviously Lego.

When she came home I popped over and brought it to her.  I asked about it.

She told me it was the Lego I had told her about.

She then took it into her house and never spoke about it again.

Some time later I was in there helping her with her TV and I saw the parcel, unopened, on top of one of her piles of .

I don't know if she did it deliberately to troll me or if she genuinely had no imagination at all.

Either way.

*fruitcage* that.

Imo, not malicious trolling.  If she was a hoarder, she had a mental illness.  From what I gather, the people affected by it kind of live in their own little world so it was out of no imagination.  They require stimulation to acquire stuff that's not already a part of their routine.  Buying a paper e.t.c I knew someone a while back who's mum was like it.  Her house was filled with all sorts of from some company that sent catalogues to her house.  She would flick through and just buy random stuff because she could see pictures of it.

Just ordered myself a new torch for my pocket/bag: Olight MX1 Striker with Amazon Prime and 20% off.

Runs off my rechargeable CR123s, has a pocket clip and a tail switch. Hopefully holds up better than my Fenix did.

NM, Gunrunning DLC tomorrow baby!

I have 21,000,000 GTA$ lined up ready to blow on new toys. public servers are going to be a war zone for weeks.

Mayhem.

Oh, I'm on it like Junkrat on a mine!

Just ordered myself a new torch for my pocket/bag: Olight MX1 Striker with Amazon Prime and 20% off.

Runs off my rechargeable CR123s, has a pocket clip and a tail switch. Hopefully holds up better than my Fenix did.

Had my eye on one of those!

Also, invest in 18650, you'll never look back :)

Except some of my stuff can only accept a CR123 (Mini Scoutlight for example) so having as few batteries as possible appeals to me. Someone (Surefire I think) did a CR123/AA (or was it AAA?) selectable torch which I also considered.

Thanks for the suggestion though. If I was just running things taking 2 CR123s I'd most likely make the swap. :)

Will be nice to have an actual torch on my person again after having been without my Fenix for a few months.

Took the day off to head down to the Barn my Fiance and I are getting married in to check stuff out and catch up with the DJ. Took the Mini as there are some cracking country roads nearby. Awesome fun! Even got her to drive back after saying she was scared of it. She now loves it.. Maybe it was a bad idea, I might never drive it now! 

Archived