Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, nice... Got email from government combined student application site. I have passed entrance exams and am offered a spot in BEng prorgam's evening courses for Automation Engineering. Back to school, I guess, on the side of working. If my work and study hours don't collide headfirst, I guess I'm going to be putting a lot of money aside in savings, because I won't have time to -spend- much of it...

Second short from Oats Studios is out, and it's *fruitcage* awesome.

And set in 'Nam.

Go watch it.

I wasn't really happy with this one. Protagonist is just budget snake, with a terrible gravelly voice, people who've been fighting in the jungle for days all have completely fresh uniforms, contrived scripting. 

I did like the concept of the main bad guy though.

I'm sure we've chatted about this before.

In the hands of a non-bellend the AN-94/G-11/P*/DSG/AA-12 Hyper ROF concept is decisive in airsoft.

Getting a 5 round burst out in under a tenth of a second keeps the rounds clustered and hugely increases the chances of a first shot hit.

In airsoft it also massively increases the chances of a person taking that first round hit instead of ducking into cover thinking "the first one doesn't count".

However, in the hands of a bellend it meand motor wound hicap spam of the worst kind.

Ban the dude not the tech.

What stunt said. I totally agree with him.

In terms of what it sounds and looks like, yes a duck is pretty accurate. As for what it looks like it's basically just a solid stream of pellets. They land so close to each other they shatter against each other. If you're using tracer rounds it looks awesome as all the little fragments glow and shatter everywhere. Not so great as it can get under eyepro easier mind you.

I use almost all of my AEGs on semi exclusively, with full auto reserved for either:

1) Short bursts on players who seem to be wearing the most ballistically protective T shirt I've ever seen

2) Longer bursts into wider areas to deny movement or convince the enemy not to go that way

In a semi-only set up, the difference between a 100ms cycle time and a 30ms cycle time is very noticable and can definitely get you a tactical advantage, especially in snap shooting or the traditional "Who Shot First?" moment.

In any case, I've dropped back to a 13:1 SSG set up, SS-4 on an M120 for 38rps @0.95J. Feeds like a dream.

Archived