Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We made an offer, then upped it to the full asking price, then the other interested party offered more and we were asked if we wanted to up it again.

Were not getting into a blind bidding war. That way lies folly.

Yeap, blind bidding wars are dodgy as hell. This happened to me last year and thankfully it fell through (House we ended up getting was cheaper and had a bigger garden, bigger bedrooms). Basically, got in a bidding war (asking price was £128,000 went up to £135,000), we won the bid. Then the buyer of our house turns out to be a time wasting *Ubar* and as such we had to pull out. The mysterious bidder who had put a final bid in of 133,000 (we found this out after a few weeks) was no where to be seen and the house did sell for its original asking price £128,000 it is now up for rent.

Bidding wars are best left to ebay. Stay clear of them when it involves estate agents.

Hopefully, like me, this will lead to a better home for you, scorch. Good luck.

Where's FireKnife when you need him?

Also got approached by an SIA investigator at this business against crime meeting, he asked how the door team is and I said general OK, he looked at me funny as if he knew by that I meant I've been having or know of issues so he gave me his card, which I promptly gave to my friend from the My Eye thread, assuring her I hadn't told anyone she knows her issues. You guys are useful for stuff like that. If she wants to proceed it's on her and I'll just be there for her as that rock people sometimes need.

Due to a legit bidding war my Mrs and I made 10,000 more than we advertised our flat for.

It was in 2009 during the credit crunch and we advertised it for 75 and got 86.

The bottom end of the market remained relatively stable, we moved into a repossessed house at 100 which was valued at 161 by Zoopla and 198 by some mad bastards yesterday.

No way it is worth that and since we aren't moving it doesn't matter.

Lets me remortgage at under 60% value though which gives me a decent rate.  That's nice.

We at remortgaging in August, and ours has apparently gone up 30 grand or so, which makes the process easier for us too.

We are also not moving anytime soon.

It's still a building site in places though!

You're making an ar10 or something like that. But in order to do that, you have to make something that isn't Bakelite look like it is, in fact, made of Bakelite.

So I did answer correctly, just not the question you thought you'd asked ;)

You're making an ar10 or something like that. But in order to do that, you have to make something that isn't Bakelite look like it is, in fact, made of Bakelite.

So I did answer correctly, just not the question you thought you'd asked ;)

Close enough - AR10a4.

1200px-Garibaldi_biscuit.jpg

Archived