Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Messing around on the flightradar24 app I found someone forgot to switch off their transponder before starting an air strike in Syria.

This guy caught my attention

https://goo.gl/photos/rAXyAx9wRx256YtB9

Zooming in this was his flight path

https://goo.gl/photos/aZhdULdZnJdPBnxv9

Not long after he was joined by a couple of friends who quickly disappeared (one went before I got a screenshot)

https://goo.gl/photos/bEndGQzwRKHh9ire7

He then crossed the road and appeared to move backwards and forwards over the same spot before disappearing

https://goo.gl/photos/nTneJwLxgARjn3BR9

I had some money on the Mayweather fight last night.  I honestly thought it would be a boring fight, over in few rounds.  Got to hand it to McGregor though.  He brought his A game.  I was starting to feel a bit worried as Mayweather was doing some weird stuff and took a while to get going. Typical; Mayweather playing the long game I suppose.  Towards the end you could tell it was all over for McGregor.  I guess fatigue setting in after giving it the full beans from the start and perhaps used to shorter UFC matches.  Personally I would have liked to have seen it go another round and a KO.

Still, nice bit of tax free money heh.

I'm still not sure on it yet.  Before I heard it, most reviews seemed to be unanimous in 'I hope it's a grower' I'll give it a few more listens for sure.  I respect them for evolving their sound over the years but man Rated R and SFTD take some beating.

Since the RS subforum is kinda dead, just wanted to post I finally built my first real steel AR15 a few days ago.

H4pCXzf.jpg

clzqfxt.jpg

Having some malfunctions but it may be just due to *suitcasey* ammo, gonna go back to the range to retest and swap buffers to see if it'll solve it (well, once this damn hurricane goes away :P)

All in all super satisfied and super happy, big thanks to Kagami for helping me pick out parts. I like the build so much, I will most likely replicate it using a GBBR in the future :)

Been in the Cotswolds with my Mrs.

We hired an electrically assisted tandem bicycle.

Got off to a ropey start along the lines of "What makes you think you should be telling me what to do?".

Apparently having cycled 414km in 20hrs 45 minutes without sleep does not qualify me to give bike suggestions.

After a pub lunch she decided/realised I was right and the return trip was a flawless bit of tandem riding.

Until the rain started.

We were fine though.

Looking on eBay for tandems now.

Got my mobile upgraded. Costs me an extra £5 a month and my old phone is on the way out, so it'll get a new SIM and become my work phone.

Google Pixel XL. Loving it so far, but it's very jarring how quickly your paradigm can shift:

HTC One M9 - 1080p display

Google pixel XL - 1440p display

Before today, I would have told you the HTC had a sharp, seamless display which was flawless to the eye.

Three minutes after using the Pixel XL, I had to transfer files from the HTC and suddenly I can see the individual pixels and it looks slightly blurry.

Obviously, this is just my visual cortex, the HTC display hasn't become any shittier in the last few minutes, but it's staggering how quickly it happens.

This must be what it's like for people who need glasses.

My phone has a 720p screen because it can go brighter and uses less battery.

That is why I can charge my phone on Thursday night and still have 20% battery on Sunday night when I go to bed.

I like high pixel count things but not on things with batteries.

Nice phone though.  Did you get it on a deal due to the Pixel 2 being out soon?

My phone has a 720p screen because it can go brighter and uses less battery.

That is why I can charge my phone on Thursday night and still have 20% battery on Sunday night when I go to bed.

I like high pixel count things but not on things with batteries.

Nice phone though.  Did you get it on a deal due to the Pixel 2 being out soon?

Yup. My old HTC M9+ was doing fine apart from the headphone port being dead and the battery being old and running itself flat too quickly, so it's getting relegated to work phone duty.

Cool.

My contract runs out next month and I am not even going to get a new phone.

I am so happy with the S60.

I will keep an eye out for a hypothetical S61 but it would need to have USB type C and wireless charge at a minimum to get me to switch.

From the looks of the survey they sent me recently they are considering a laser thermometer for the follow up phone.

I'm not sure, I don't even know if it will be called the S61, I just made that up for discussion purposes.

It'll be a while, they are still surveying existing customers about desired features.

They must be near the start of the product cycle.  I wouldn't expect the yearly Tick-Tock of the big boys.

The S60 is a stonker though. I will almost definitely buy an S61.

Archived